Please and thank-yous

• I'm a newcomer to Rising World. I was watching a Let's Play series of 7 Days to Die and happened to spot a video which mentioned RW and decided to check it out. I have to say, although I'm still getting used to the construction controls, I absolutely love the game and have already put in hours and hours.

I have played Minecraft to death and always really struggled with the graphics. I would always try for more realism with realistic texture packs but it never really felt real the way RW does. Ive tried other 'survival' games like 7DTD but I didnt want to have to constantly kill zombies in order to level up. I tried and enjoyed Subnautica alot but I wanted dry land! RW, as it is now, is exactly what I've been looking for for years.More than that, what I first loved about RW was that there was no PVP. I know its a very unpopular opinion. Everyone nowadays seems to want to just fight and kill. For me I want to just survive, me against nature. Although I know it has to be that way to sell in the numbers required to make it profitable, I will be really sorry to see the monsters and the bandits arriving in the game. I'd much rather have had more wildlife, including birds, more crafting like being able to make baskets for storage, using the harvested grass to make thatch for roofs, etc. I'd love the cooking to be expanded and the farming so that more food can be made, giving perhaps different perks/buffs for different foodstypes. I'd love to be able to milk cows or goats and make butter and cheese and use those in more complex recipes. I'd love to be able to keep chickens and collect their eggs and use those too. You get the picture.

One of the things I did enjoyabout minecraft was the ability to make my own textures and easily add them to the game. Unfortunately it doesn't seem so simple with RW. For a start I dont have photoshop and my financial situation makes it unlikely that I ever will. I use GIMP so I'll have to see if that can do the job with the DDS files.

Overall, as I said, I love RW and can't really understand why it isnt alot more popular than it is. I love that fact that it keeps getting updated and improved and that the developer still answers questions and gives a ton of information to fans. I for myself will be recommending the game to all my gaming friends especially those who, like me, wanted a survival game not a fighting game. I really REALLY hope that however the game progresses in the future the developers retain the ability to play as pure survival. Fighting for my life against a tiger or a grizzly is absolutely fine - just no monsters and no other humans trying to kill me.

Lastly, I'd love to play on a server as I seldom get to play with other people. I'm hoping I might be able to find a similarly peace-loving community somewhere, with mature players like myself. Any recommendations appreciated.

• Hi GamerGran61,

Any recommendations appreciated.

Medieval Realms albeit listed as a PVP server does offer a PVE gamemode (which is the default for all new players) - and actually most people still play in PVE mode.

But this is of course only if you want to play on a Medieval themed server. Modern day game assets are all locked out. So if Medieval is not your thing, this server defiantly wont be either!

We're peace loving and well established :)

• Thanks, Yahwho!

The server sounds perfect and I will certainly give it a look. Perhaps I need to spend a little more time practicing my buildings etc before I make a complete noob-fool of myself in front of other people though. Looking at the photos, the builders on the server are very good and make my attempts look like mud huts.

I like that the modern stuff has been locked out - they never felt right for me either. It always felt like the game couldnt decide if it was medieval or modern and mixing it up just feels a bit weird. I've never played on a server before either, so if there is a list of rules or anything I should know about please feel free to send me a copy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!

• The server sounds perfect and I will certainly give it a look. Perhaps I need to spend a little more time practicing my buildings etc before I make a complete noob-fool of myself in front of other people though. Looking at the photos, the builders on the server are very good and make my attempts look like mud huts.

Me and my girlfriend joined this server a couple of days ago. Though we were overwhelmed by the buildings created by the community, we spent our early days building mud huts. But you can easily get inspired by other's buildings and challenge yourself to make that mud hut look a bit fancier.
    We love those server-features like protecion of your building site although it seems almost unneccessary because of the nice and caring community. Players just want to have a fun time and want other players to do so as well.
    For us this server lifted the game experience to a whole new level.
    We'd love to see you there. ^^

• I like that the modern stuff has been locked out - they never felt right for me either. It always felt like the game couldnt decide if it was medieval or modern and mixing it up just feels a bit weird. I've never played on a server before either, so if there is a list of rules or anything I should know about please feel free to send me a copy.

You're supposed to progress from medieval era into modern era, tech wise & research. If it's wacky with modern and medieval it's because the core still hasn't been placed into Rising World. We have the stuff to play with, just not tidied up to progress and research our way through the eras.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!