Connection Failed, never been able to connect to server.

• Hello there,
    I have recently rented a server. I have not altered any of the settings, this is a fresh install. I start the server, the web console shows "Rising World Server Started". I wait another 3 to 5 minutes (just to be on the safe side). I enter the server address, it shows up, I added it to favorites. I click on the server and then click the "connect" button. Within 30 seconds I see the "Connection Error" window pop up. My question is, Does anyone know how to fix this so that I (and others) can connect to play? Anyone know a fix?

Things I have done to ensure it is not on my end.
    I have configured all ports on my end to be open for the game. I have allowed this through the windows firewall. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I do not use a password on the server, I do not have white list enabled. The only thing I have done is make it not visible on the server list (as I would like to test it and make sure its playable before I open it up to the public).

This is the log prior to attempting to connect: (I have removed private info regarding name and passwords and steam ID)

8| ****This is what is added to the log after attempting to join world**** 8|

Thank you for any suggestions.

• Hello, you do not have enough memory allocated on your server. I used to play on Serenity and you have many many buildings. That eats up RAM. You only have 1GB of RAM allocated. I currently allocate 6GB for WF.
    You edit server.properties (file) on your host and allocate more memory. example: server_memory=4096 (allocates 4GB of RAM). That is the minimum I recommend you run for Serenity.

In the early days, I experienced similar problems and like you, it denied connection attempts (usually after several hours). Allocating more ram resolved it. Hope this helps!

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• Howdy there, this is the first day I have had the server up. I'm sorry you had that issue on that server but it wasn't mine. Thank you though.

• Aaah, you use the same name as another server that has been around for a long time, figured you took it over. Did my suggestion work for you? If it's a new server, I would allocate at least 2GB (2048) .. and may have to bump it up some as you grow. good luck!

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• It actually turned out to be ports, just my luck.. Although I opened them I forgot to accept/save the changed. /facepalm

Thank you though for that information. I will make sure I have enough.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!