Bug / missing Beams

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • Hello,

i am writing in english as i hope to reach more people here than i would in german.

I play Rising World for quite a long time and on the forums i have read about a certain bug several times. Though in most cases it was suspected that another player was messing with someone.

I built on a cathedral, only with planks and beams. When i finished yesterday i filled the last row of a wall completely. I am 100% sure of that as i remember the last beam was overlapping with another and i was wondering if to leave it like this or not.

When i log on again today several beams on the last row were missing. 3 or 4 on the right side and 1 a bit more left.

I took a screenshot of that.

Then i minimized the game window to write this here. Next time i check on the game the row was complete again but only the last beam on the right side missing (the one overlapping with another).

I play it on a singleplayer map, so no interaction from someone else possible.

Since i was very close to the wall i doubt it has something to do with the beams not completely displayed. I got an i7 with 8 cores, 16GB Ram, a 1080ti, so i also doubt it is connected to my hardware.

Maybe a bug if too many planks/beams are used? But even this i doubt as a reason here because the chunk i am building in is not yet complete and i have other chunks where a LOT more beams/planks were used.

• Hast du die Holzbalken gezogen oder einzeln gesetzt. Bei einzelnen Teilen hab ich ein solches Fehlen noch nie bemerkt. Die überlappenden Teile, bzw. doppelten verschwinden nur bei Blöcken, bei Holz wäre mir das neu.

• Hmm... when placing the beams, did you use the modular placement (i.e. the snapping feature [return key])? You said the beams showed up eventually after minimizing the game, does this mean the beams showed up without having to reload the world (or restarting the game)? 8|
    Is the bug still reproducible (maybe even at this particular location)?

• I experienced a similar bug while playing cooperative. One player was missing essential parts of building or entire constructions. The other player could still see and collide with those parts. We didn't think too much of it because it's still a game in development.
    The solution of ours was quite simple: run far away until the construction site disappears then return to reload the chunk.
    We just couldn't figure out if that was a server/connection problem or a client problem.

• Hmm... when placing the beams, did you use the modular placement (i.e. the snapping feature [return key])? You said the beams showed up eventually after minimizing the game, does this mean the beams showed up without having to reload the world (or restarting the game)? 8|
    Is the bug still reproducible (maybe even at this particular location)?

Indeed. I did not restart or reload the game or chunk.

Yes, i used the snapin function to build the wall.

I could not reproduce it. I think i remember it happened to me before but never really wasted a thought on it as i thought i might have forgot i didn't finish this row.

In this case I'm sure though as i built in this world just the evening before and didn't leave this row unfinished.

I saw a thread a while ago where someone complained about several blocks missing in his floor. The conclusion was that someone else has damaged it but maybe it wasn't the case after all?

The closest thing i could reproduce was that on tall buildings sometimes and only on certain height and row a beam didn't connect to the pervious beam but vanished. Even before placing.

• Actually there is a bug with the snapping tool, but I'm not sure if this is really related to this issue 8| It's quite strange that the beams came back without restarting or reloading the world... did you maybe place some other elements before they came back? There is currently a bug in the game (which will be fixed with the next update) which turns certain parts of a chunk invisible in certain situations (usually these parts turn visible again after placing another element, or after reloading the world)...

• I did place one beam in one of the holes after i found it missing.

Then minimized the window, posted and when i checked back on the game the beams were back. All but the last one, which is partially overlapping with another one.

I couldn't reproduce it until now though.

The only reproducable thing until now was that on certain heights and only in certain places i could not place any beam. But that's another issue i guess

• Update... This morning i built on my cathedral. I placed a beam and suddenly a huge part was gone. It showed up again as i placed one more beam

Das hört sich gruselig an. Das kenne ich nur wenn ich eine ganze Wand mit size gebaut habe, bzw. In der Nähe dann aus Versehen etwas weghaue.
    Hört sich eher nach einem fehlerhaften Chunk an.

• Update... This morning i built on my cathedral. I placed a beam and suddenly a huge part was gone. It showed up again as i placed one more beam

Probably this is the bug I was referring to in my previous post. Not sure if it is related to the original issue, but this bug will be fixed with the next update ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!