(steam version)Can't Install Rising World!

• I tried to update Rising World and steam showed this Error message:

When I uninstalled then tried to reinstall Rising World, Steam gave me the same error message! I am not sure about the "corrupt disk" part. I installed other games before I tried to update Rising World and didn't get any error messages! I am using a 500GB SSD Hard drive if that helps any!

• First thing I would do there is a disk check - the error says "corrupt disk" that to me mean the disk has potential bad sectors and needs fixing.

I am not sure about the "corrupt disk" part. I installed other games before I tried to update Rising World and didn't get any error messages!

The other games are most likely using disk space that is not corrupt , it just so happens that where RW is trying to install on your disk has bad sectors in. Failing parity checks.

Technically though I'm not sure we should be calling them disks anymore as SSDs are not technically disks.They are non-volatile persistent data storage devices, more akin to RAM (but obviously non-volatile and persistent - hehe a factory reset each time we shut out machines down wouldn't be good).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!