Ability to measure size in game

• Greetings everyone!

I have been working on some real life projects one of which is building a tiny home. I was thinking I could use rising world to create a walk through of the size of my design before building to get a better idea of how the size feels to see if I need to make any more changes.

I was wondering if there is any information you devs have on distance and size pertaining to parts, anyway I can determine length, height and width of anything I build in game.

IF there is that information would be very much appreciated.

• That is a long requested feature. As far as i know Red51 plans to implement such in a later coming building-update.

Until then you could use the "size" command (command console - then size x x x) and place some kind of "references" somewhere.

To measure the distance i usually build with mostly the same sized beams and build a straight line from A to B in a different textured beam. Then every i.e. 5 beams i place an extra one to mark that 5-beam-mark.

That is a bit of effort but works for now.

• a block is 50cmx50cmx50cm, that can help to figure out the size of a building, knowing that, you can do in console the exact size you want for a beam and place it as reference for lenght, hight etc :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!