Unable to access server from Multiplayer menu

• I'm having trouble accessing my server from the Multiplayer menu.

I have these ports forwarded: 4254,4255,4256,4257,4258,4259,27015
    I'm able to see the server in Steam under View > Servers > LAN, but not in "Internet" or in-game under Multiplayer.

Here is my server.properties, any ideas why its not working?

• One other thing, I can connect to it using the local IP on the LAN 192.168.0.10.

• The setting server_lan_mode is set to true in this case, this indicates Steam that this is only a LAN server (so it won't show up in the public server list). In addition to that, the server_ip is set to your local ip (192.168.0.10), therefore the server only binds to the LAN ip (and is only accessible in your local network).

Make sure to set server_lan_mode to false and remove the LAN ip from the server_ip field. If you're running the server on your local machine, just keep the server_ip field blank, then the server binds to all addresses ;)

• The problem ended up being linuxgsm. It was giving me a bind error with server_lan_mode to false with no IP.

It requires an IP address specified in the server.properties, and I had to modify their check_ip (in lgsm/functions folder) I removed all the lines, because that script fails the server running. With that check removed it worked fine!

Thanks for the help red51!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!