Changelog 2019-03-12: New npcs, better AI, modded items

• Actually the repeater is supposed to be much more accurate than the musket... maybe there was some sort of desync going on in this particular case? I'll take a closer look at the problem^^

When these bugs occur I simply lose my common sense. Yeah, of course rifles would be far more accurate than a musket. It's just how the bugs present themselves I just react to how the bugs behave.... Zombie mode. Good luck sorting out the de-sync. Hope they're easy to fix.

------------

While doing an improvised stream tonight I came across a weird thing I wish could be streamed line. Just a "quality of life" type suggestion for Dummy NPCs wishing the menu we gain on 'EditDummyNPC' could extend to clothing selections and items. I wish you could go through clothing so once you set clothing you can go back and change it something else. ONe of my loyal viewers changed his mind and I struggle to change it back.

I love the 'GiveNPCitem' command though, that's handy. Wish for an 'Editclothing' menu similar to the 'editnpc' menu. That was a good menu.

I'm slowly making my way back into using features I haven't used before because how much fun Rising World is making things lately.

-------------

Also, can we PLEASE get an official and updated console command? The one I refer to is dated. Can we please have an up-to-date console command thread? Please?

https://forum.rising-world.net…ommands-to-spawn-objects/

• Just a "quality of life" type suggestion for Dummy NPCs wishing the menu we gain on 'EditDummyNPC' could extend to clothing selections and items

Something like that was actually planned, but unfortunately it wasn't ready in time... it's still on our list ;) In the meantime, you could use the editnpcclothes <clothes1> <clothes2> ... command to set clothes for an npc (e.g. editnpcclothes tux_jacket tux_pants tux_shoes, or in order to add only a single clothing item, use editnpcclothes add fedora for example). Although it is quite tricky to get the proper names of the clothes...

Also, can we PLEASE get an official and updated console command? The one I refer to is dated. Can we please have an up-to-date console command thread? Please?

I'll try to get a list ready as soon as possible :)

• Something like that was actually planned, but unfortunately it wasn't ready in time... it's still on our list ;) In the meantime, you could use the editnpcclothes <clothes1> <clothes2> ... command to set clothes for an npc (e.g. editnpcclothes tux_jacket tux_pants tux_shoes, or in order to add only a single clothing item, use editnpcclothes add fedora for example). Although it is quite tricky to get the proper names of the clothes...

I'll try to get a list ready as soon as possible :)

Thanks! These helped nicely. Just however wish we had a list of items, clothing, an animations. Even a full documentation so I can make full use of the item loader plugin. I already posted about it but would love to insert candy so I can consume it while aimed at a friend (same post as above). Just struggling with the consumption part, and such.

• Just however wish we had a list of items, clothing, an animations. Even a full documentation so I can make full use of the item loader plugin

Actually I'm currently preparing a Steam guide which covers all console commands, item names, object names, clothes etc. I just ran into a stupid character limitation :thumbdown: However, the guide should be ready soon^^

But if you want to make full use of the custom items, you have to create a new plugin for that. You can check out the API documentation to find some example code, or alternatively check out my latest example plugins :)

and another bug of sorts. The heat protection suit actually makes my body warmer. Maybe the insulation value needs to be negative? Hell just got a lot hotter.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll put that on our to-do list ;)

• hi red51, will this year be trains?

Originally trains were supposed to be the next update (after the npc update), however, unfortunately the Steam changes in October last year force us to go into a different direction... I will post an announcement about the next updates and our next steps in a few weeks.

• A new hotfix (0.9.5.7) is now available, which fixes a few small bugs. It's necessary to update multiplayer servers accordingly ;)

Changelog 2019-04-16 (0.9.5.7):

• [Bugfix] Fixed player inventory not always being saved correctly when disconnecting from a server
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some desync issues with npcs in multiplayer
    • [Bugfix] Fixed "black flicker" on dirt blocks
  • Originally trains were supposed to be the next update (after the npc update), however, unfortunately the Steam changes in October last year force us to go into a different direction... I will post an announcement about the next updates and our next steps in a few weeks.

Sad to hear about this because "we" were looking forward to the trains update. Still have everything set up waiting for trains to be added hoping we'll still have a good chance to play with trains. Hope it isn't delayed too badly. Looking forward to seeing what's happening in the next announcement.

I feel Minecraft did it the "best" with Traincraft (ironically better than Train sims) because you could set up your railway however you wanted and it would handle like you would trains to behave. Love how you could place both solid & liquid cargo in specialized carts to even dispense it into liquid storage "below" track. I loved the simplicity in loading liquid carts with water & lava and it would just transport it to then "export" the liquid into a liquid storage tank below train tracks.

If trains do get delayed then I at least hope more features could be implemented into the trains then (if possible). Thought I'd just mention Traincraft for Minecraft because who knows who may be lurking, reading this so they could experiment in the meantime.

[Bugfix] Fixed some desync issues with npcs in multiplayer

Glad to see you fixed this. Haven't confirmed it with how busy I am, but glad to see it's fixed. I'll confirm this "soon" during my Easter breaks. :D

Thank you, Red.

• All rcon versions seen to be really broken now. The chat doesn't show up in the tool. the only thing it seems to be good for now is to see who is on. Is there a plan to remake this handy tool?

What feature does it have, that my discord plugin is missing? Maybe i just add that :D

Gamer aus Leidenschaft
    (Web) Entwickler aus Leidenschaft
    <3 Vater aus Leidenschaft <3
    (prio in aufsteigender Sortierung ;) )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Entweder man macht etwas richtig oder lässt es bleiben!
    2. Egal wie lange etwas dauert, Hauptsache es wird fertig (irgendwann)
    ------------------------
    Discord: Devidian#1334

• well it did have a full range of administrative tools. Here are both versions I have. I have lost the original zip files. Trevors version needs a shortcut made to point to your version of java. The target needs to be amended to look like this with your java version instead of 211 to get it to work.

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_211\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\RCON\trevorcon.jar"

The original version has all the features but most don't work now. Trevors version removed a few abilities and was working on a full on update but he hasn't played an a while and last I heard he removed the game from his comp.

The old version was able to kick ban make admin unban and other stuff other then chat.

rcon.rar

• what java version do you use Galochka? That may be the problem, I am updated to the newest version. you can find the version by going to c:\program files\java and the folder name inside that will be the version number. I am not shure but I bet you are running an older version of java then me. I hadn't thought about it until now but I think I figured what my problem was.

• @red51 I love this update but I'm also having some concerns in singleplayer. Are planks and beams counted as entities because I've started to get some major stuttering while recording and not recording. As I walk around the world searching for the issue I've noticed 2 houses that I've built disappear for 2 minutes then load back in causing a massive drop in frames. There are a lot of planks and beams in these homes but I've never encountered this issue before. Played with @dagoline and had some frame rate issues before but in singleplayer never like this. How does a house disappear then render back in minutes later? Can you please look into this. Thank you, and keep up the amazing work I love the direction this game is going. My only wish at this point is for some optimization for the construction system. Have a splendid day. <3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!