Changelog 2019-03-12: New npcs, better AI, modded items

• One more question, I think they want to keep bandits off because they are worried they will damage the very massive build we have been working on for months (Its several towns & such.). Will they damage builds or just go for players. If they will just go for players, maybe everyone on the server would agree to have them & the dungeon enemies on but keep the animals on peaceful. Any ideas what I need to change in what file to accomplish that? Lol

you do Know animals were always Aggressive, Right?
    and bandits Don't Destrory Builds, they just attack you in the woods.

• @red51 some serious lag issues since update with certain objects yet to be determined. one town i built for example, FPS tanks down to 2 FPS since the update. in process of trying to determine which object is causing this, practically tearing the entire town apart trying to find out which. Other towns seem fine for now.

@red51
    "Probably it was an "open" door? E.g. a double door? I've just released a mini-hotfix which should fix this issue^^"

Double doors yes, open no. I just tested again with latest updates, horses will walk through closed double doors as though they are not there (no collisions on doors for all NPCs).

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited once, last by Juggernaut ().

• @red51

Update on my Terra-blueprint issue. It seems that not the ground below the blueprint is gone but around it. Like the game is saving exactly the square i mark when i do the blueprint. And when i place it not only the actual mountain is getting placed, but also the empty space around it and within the initial cube.

• rying to find a clip to share of where bandits & especially skeletons came running at you at lightning speed.

I think it's not a bad idea to reduce the run speed a little bit ;)

clips.twitch.tv/DeafGrossGarageUnSane

This is a hilarious video :D But the sudden performance drop seems to be quite strange, since you're not moving at all... do you run any plugins? Did it happen in singleplayer or multiplayer (if it's in multiplayer, was there another player on the server at the same time)? Maybe you can enable the client debug console (open the config.properties file and set "game_debug_console" to true, then save the file and run the game again) and play a little bit until you experience the lags. Then quit the game and go to the "Logs" folder in your game directory. Please forward the latest log file to us (either create a topic here, or send it via PM to me, or via email to support@jiw-games.net) :)

I also notice they did not despawn at daybreak but were still roaming at midday, is this normal?

Yes, this is normal. But maybe we will change this behaviour^^

How far do they roam?

It really depends. As a rule of thumb one can say: If they are visible, they can always go to your location.

and do others keep spawning regularly if they are not killed?

New bandits should not spawn if there are still other bandits in this area ;)

Trying the water-terrain-tool-functions the "smoothing out" function doesn´t seem to work.

Well, basically the "smoothing out" feature never takes the currently selected material into account. Maybe we can hide the material selector while the smoothing mode is active (to avoid any confusions).

The red circle/square is also not projected on the water surface but only on the ground below the water.

This is basically intended: the regular terrain tools only affect the "terrain", i.e. solid ground, not water. That's why the brush is not visible on water surfaces. If you want to edit the water explicitly, you need to select the dedicated water tool (F5 -> 5) :)

We all agreed we want to keep the animals on peaceful, no bandits, but we do want enemies in the dungeon. How would I go about that?

You could disable bandits on your server explicitly. To do that, open the console (key ~ or ` or ^) and type disablenpc bandit (requires admin permission). This removes all bandits in your world and prevents them from spawning again ^^

Will they damage builds or just go for players

As @Captian_Cornball said, they only attack players. Currently they will not damage any buildings.

Double doors yes, open no. I just tested again with latest updates, horses will walk through closed double doors

Hmm... was it really "closed"? If people create double doors, they usually place a closed door and another open door (since there is unfortunately still no tool to mirror or flip doors). So if one door is opened, and one is closed, the double door appears to be closed.

Update on my Terra-blueprint issue. It seems that not the ground below the blueprint is gone but around it. Like the game is saving exactly the square i mark when i do the blueprint.

Oh, yes currently blueprints take "air" into account. The idea was that this enables you to create caves, or copy underground structures properly. But I'm not sure if this was really a good idea... we will change this behaviour with the next update ;)

Does using rifles NPC ?

Currently NPCs are only using swords (or another melee weapon) or bows. But the next update introduces a command to give various items to an NPC 8)

Hi I have lags on my saved gameFPS 0

Do you play in singleplayer or multiplayer? Do you run any plugins?

• Played all through night and most of today while hosting at the same time on a lowly i3 .Amazing job. Only issue i had was with spinning wheel which resolved itself so was probably my "Heaps" problem not the game.... thoroughly enjoyed it no issues at all thanks a million. :thumbsup:

• A new hotfix is now available which fixes some of the current issues. Multiplayer servers need to be updated accordingly ;)

Changelog 2019-03-13 (0.9.5.2):

• [New] Command "givenpcitem" to give an item to an npc
    • [New] You can now also get venison from giraffes
    • [New] Stamina can now also be disabled server side
    • [New] Added spawn protection setting to config.properties file (for SP)
    • [New] Added separate "fly" permission for creative mode (to disable fly mode)
    • [Change] Reduced respawn rate for npcs
    • [Change] Blueprints no longer include air when placing terrain (can be changed in config)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong spawn position when creating a new world
    • [Bugfix] Fixed yellowish glow of items and player in inventory
    • [Bugfix] Fixed a bug which was responsible for certain performance issue
    • [Bugfix] Fixed water not being visible if placed via blueprint
  • Hello ! Just want to give more feedback after 10h of gameplay in this update and with a new start in singleplayer. :thumbup::thumbup: the game have a really nice progression from the beginning and now with the weather and hostiles, we need to use every workbench quickly (and adding iron plate for some workench add some challenge for finding iron quickly). this update give us some danger in cave (spiders hit hard and they sound creepy af :thumbsup: ) and dungeons are much much more fun now. well, fun isn't the right word when you have to face a samourai skeleton, he is very tanky :p

I take a night for hunting bandits in a forest : 3 encounters in a night, but each time, only 1 bandit. I find them little too easy to kill (one shot with a bow seems weak, they give us big loot.
    Animals move a lot now, it's nice. I saw girafes climbing a mountain, that was something !

So, I thought some suggestions for NPCs :

- skeleton could be looted and have bones on them (head, chest and or bones). it would take less time than pick the ones on the ground, and maybe they would be useful (magic spell for creating squeletton, undead or npc ??? :whistling: )
    - bandits more tanky, stay the day (I know they do now but perhaps not for ever) and perhaps randomly spawning in abandonned cabin (like rats)
    - we have information ingame of armor/clothes (protection and isolation), could we have some info for weapons (damages). also we cannot block with morningstar, so this weapon seem less useful than swords now.
    - also, weather can be really hard for us (if you're cold, you are checky as hell) but we don't have any status indicator (except the hot/cold) on our character. some informations in the profile (effect increasing/decreasing, malus) could be useful.

That's it. but this message is most of all for congrats your team for the great job. your game rocks and deserve much more visibility. hope with the hostile, you'll have tons of new players.

<3<3<3

• "Hmm... was it really "closed"? If people create double doors, they usually place a closed door and another open door (since there is unfortunately still no tool to mirror or flip doors). So if one door is opened, and one is closed, the double door appears to be closed."

good point, one would be technically open even though it appears closed and touching the other (so they both open the same way). So i guess the horse is technically walking through the door that is tagged 'open'. Just tested and it seems that is what it is doing.

Also I'm getting this in server log: WARNING: YOUR SERVER VERSION IS OUTDATED (0.9.5.2 vs. 0.9.5.1)
    I stopped server, and restarted steam. I also checked integrity of files for server via steam and all checks well, yet continue to get this notification when starting the server.

P.S. Thank you for all your hard work and prompt replies! I hope you have managed to get some sleep. :)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• Belgdevania Area Blueprints ;)

• @red51 givenpcitem if used on a bandit (with just givenpcitem command with no parameters, will remove the weapon in the NPCs hand, it does not go into inventory, it just vanishes). May be intended to remove weapon, just figured I would share.

Also, one town is greatly affected by lag since the update (even latest hotfix). I have not figured out which item or texture is causing this. all other towns seem fine (even those with more buildings).
    It's very odd. FPS will tank to 2 FPS and is unplayable in that town only. You are welcome to join anytime to take a look (Wild Frontiers -- in our Ghost town). Still investigating and will update you if I find the culprit.

• Thanks a lot for your feedback! :)

Maybe it would be worth categorizing these sorts of settings as hard or normal.
    I personally wouldn't mind at all having to deal with these guys in the daytime.

That's a good idea, I will keep that in mind! ;)

So, I thought some suggestions for NPCs

Thanks for your suggestions! Some of these things are planned (more information about status, display weapon stats etc), and we're also going to tweak the new npcs (and their loot) ^^

Also I'm getting this in server log: WARNING: YOUR SERVER VERSION IS OUTDATED (0.9.5.2 vs. 0.9.5.1)

Oh, thanks for bringing this to our attention! We've just released another minor update which fixes this wrong version number :saint:

givenpcitem if used on a bandit (with just givenpcitem command with no parameters, will remove the weapon in the NPCs hand, it does not go into inventory, it just vanishes)

This is indeed intended. While npcs technically have an actual inventory (just like the player), it's not really used by the game atm. Instead they just hold the item in the first inventory slot in their hands. So the command basically replaces the first item in their inventory.

Also, one town is greatly affected by lag since the update (even latest hotfix)

Hmm... is there maybe an underground dungeon nearby? Or are there many npcs in the town? Maybe try this: Once you experience the fps problems in the town, press F3 to open the stats. Check out line 8 which starts with "NPC:". Can you tell me the 3 numbers there?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!