Changelog 2019-03-12: New npcs, better AI, modded items

• Thanks so much! I already had it on peaceful, but what they are wanting is the animals to be peaceful but NPCs to be aggressive even without being attacked

Hmm... unfortunately there is no setting to make only certain npcs aggressive... but this could be achieved with the plugin API

ALright, I was trying to make the NPC spawn rate "higher" so they wouldn't spawn so much, yet instead I made it spawn more?

A higher spawn rate means that more npcs spawn...

The right settings?

A spawn rate of 9.0 is equivalent to "900% animals", or more precisely, there will be 9 times as many animals spawning =O A value of 0.5 means that only half as many animals spawn.

I changed the second line to 0.5 now..... I now have a major cleanup to do now, damn..........

I'm sorry about that :( We will expand the "deleteallnpcs" command shortly, so it can be used to delete certain npcs only, or only npcs within a certain area etc.

Do you have creative mode bandit ?

What do you mean exactly? Bandits also spawn in creative mode, but they won't attack you ;)

Oh i just noticed i can pick up my furnaces, that's really not new though is it? Just made me happy

Oh, yes this was indeed changed with this update, I just forgot to add that to the changelog :saint:

• A higher spawn rate means that more npcs spawn...

Yeah,.... I slowly realized this more and more as time went on.... I feel so stupid.

A spawn rate of 9.0 is equivalent to "900% animals", or more precisely, there will be 9 times as many animals spawning A value of 0.5 means that only half as many animals spawn.

Yeah..... And you get the result I shared. Yeah...........

I'm sorry about that We will expand the "deleteallnpcs" command shortly, so it can be used to delete certain npcs only, or only npcs within a certain area etc.

:S ....... No worries, I shouldn't have been so hasty, now I hate myself for doing what I've done but it "may" be a happy accident? If I didn't do it someone else may have.... That one was a ticking time bomb. Alright, I guess we have animal hunting season on my server trying to bring it down to a tolerable level.

I only wanted to bring the 'ticking' thing down to a managable level to stop the frame rate but I only made it worse. *shrugs*. Live and learn.

• A minor hotfix was just released which fixes the blueprint and poster issues. There is no need to update servers. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hmm... unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce this issue 8| Where does the "stone breaking sound" come from exactly? From the dead body? Did it happen in singleplayer or multiplayer?

I mis-reported it. It's not sound specific. When clicking "hide the body" the LMB actions whatever item is active in the hotbar. My crossbow was active so it fired. Its still something that should eventually be fixed

• I mis-reported it. It's not sound specific. When clicking "hide the body" the LMB actions whatever item is active in the hotbar. My crossbow was active so it fired. Its still something that should eventually be fixed

I see many people using LMB for body options and it activate the tool in selected hotbar, but if you use the action key instead, it works great

• Following error appears on my server:

PLUGIN EXCEPTION ---->
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at de.pbplugins.icListenerGuiInfo.lambda$onPlayerConnect$0(icListenerGuiInfo.java:110)
    at pluginapi.PluginTimerManager.update(SourceFile:73)
    at pluginapi.PluginManager.update(SourceFile:303)
    at server.Main.update(SourceFile:286)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:324)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run(NullContext.java:133)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

What can i do about it?

• @red51 hey thanks again! Updates and performance is wonderful!! A minor couple side effects I should report:

console commands. When performing the 1st one, it will lock up RW for approx 10 seconds (any command). The command will eventually work, then subsequent commands work fine unless console not used for a while, then 1st console command will lock RW for 10 seconds again before running.

Journal. The x position (posx="value") seems to have been affected, I had to change the values on all even numbered pages in journal.xml to properly align text (they got moved to the left but original value remained). very minor. Players reported improper alignment of page text overlapping each other so I had to go in and fix (was fine before updates).

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• @red51 ok one serious bug I just discovered. players are no longer able to do damage to each other. pvp is enabled, nothing changed in settings, this is new. They can take damage from NPCs however.

*edit* Guns do damage, bombs do damage, arrows do damage, melee weapons do not (tried swords, clubs, axes etc.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited 2 times, last by Juggernaut ().

• I used to be on Aw, I still come back from time to time, I very much enjoy this program/game. I just wonder does anyone know a way to enable shadows and shine on surfaces and on the ground? I know the water reflects but it would be cool to see shadows from buildings and characters. Maybe this is being planned for the future of the game. I still enjoy it either way.

• Following error appears on my server:

This error is caused by the iConomy plugin: https://forum.rising-world.net/thread/9598
    Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about this. It's up to the plugin creator to check out what's going on there...

@red51 hey thanks again! Updates and performance is wonderful!! A minor couple side effects I should report:

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear it works better now :)

When performing the 1st one, it will lock up RW for approx 10 seconds (any command)

Hmm... actually I was able to reproduce it, but only for NPC related commands :huh:

Journal. The x position (posx="value") seems to have been affected, I had to change the values on all even numbered pages in journal.xml to properly align text

Unfortunately there was a bug introduced with the second last update (the boats update) which messed up the image pivot positions. This was fixed now (that's why the x position seems to be wrong).

players are no longer able to do damage to each other

Oh, thanks for letting us know, this will be fixed with the next hotfix :) Probably the hotfix will be available tomorrow in the early evening (GMT).

I just wonder does anyone know a way to enable shadows and shine on surfaces and on the ground?

Unfortunately shadows are not implemented, but that's on our to-do-list ;)

• A new hotfix (0.9.5.4) is now available! :) The Plugin API will be updated shortly. It's necessary to update multiplayer servers accordingly.

Changelog 2019-03-18 (0.9.5.4):

• [New] NPCs won't see you if you sneak up on them from behind
    • [New] Added setting to enable bandits to spawn during the day
    • [New] Command "deleteallnpcs" now optionally accepts a type and range constraint
    • [Change] Added separate spawn settings for bandits and skeletons
    • [Change] Weed whacker now has a RMB functionality (cuts the grass half length)
    • [Change] Weed whacker can no longer destroy trees
    • [Change] Bandits have slightly more health points now
    • [Change] Reduced run speed of bandits and skeletons
    • [Change] Stamina is now only reduced when running forward
    • [Change] Added new mining drill sounds for various materials
    • [Change] Increased placement range for construction elements
    • [Change] Increased speed of most tools
    • [Bugfix] Fixed horse sounds
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug which mixed up horse inventories with existing chests
    • [Bugfix] Fixed hitbox of small animals
    • [Bugfix] Fixed players not being able to damage other players in mp
    • [Bugfix] Arrows shot by npcs now also cause damage if pvp is disabled
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong scaffolding placement positions
  • Thank you!!! I think also horses no longer drop saddles and attached saddle bags if killed. some players reporting losing everything when killed by NPCs (also another report the horse will freeze running near (or im guessing into the NPCs, i need to test). (Maybe allow the bag and saddle to drop on location and have inventory spill out like chests do when destroyed).

*Edit* minor Suggestion: adjust the verbiage of the client 'you are running a different version' message Steam autoupdated clients get when connecting to a server that has not updated yet, to something like: "you are running a newer version of RW than this server is. Pls contact admin to update their server."

this would avoid a lot of confusion on the players part. some think they are banned or something wrong with RW with the 'invalid game version' message that is displayed.

thanks again for these prompt fixes!! Much appreciated!!

• I think also horses no longer drop saddles and attached saddle bags if killed. some players reporting losing everything when killed by NPCs

Hmm... does that still happen after the latest update? Actually there was a bug with the horse inventories, but that should be fixed now 8|

minor Suggestion: adjust the verbiage of the client 'you are running a different version' message Steam autoupdated clients get when connecting to a server that has not updated yet, to something like: "you are running a newer version of RW than this server is. Pls contact admin to update their server."

This sounds like a great idea, I will change that shortly :thumbup:

how to add item and custom music ?

I'm still preparing a few example plugins (the hotfixes for the game kept me busy the last days^^), however, if you don't want to wait for the example plugins, our documentation contains at least some example code snippets for adding a custom item: https://javadoc.rising-world.n…ts/custom/CustomItem.html

• "Hmm... does that still happen after the latest update? Actually there was a bug with the horse inventories, but that should be fixed now "

@red51Just tested (horse, donkey and camel) .. it now works! THANKS!! (saddle bag and inventory gets put into dead horse, donkey and camel inventory like it should.

Edited once, last by Juggernaut ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!