Changelog 2019-03-12: New npcs, better AI, modded items

• Hey Red,

I just noticed the GUIs for the world protection and GPS plugins no longer show up at the bottom of the screen after the last update. Any way to fix this?

Thanks so much for the awesome update! My server's players are really loving all the features.

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/6gEbPXCHrV

• How do you through the old grenade? I got it to light but it blew up in my hand. I tried lft click and rt click on mouse and the f key. Am I doing something wrong? I found the grenade as loot in a bandit :) I might have to ban the granades if they do damage to buildings. Also the stone axe seems not to harm bandits. I just remembered it is the q button to drop things lol. But the stone axe seems to have no effect on bandits as I said.

• I take advantage of this umpteenth great job done by you, Red 51, but after 5 years of game did (yeahhhhhhh :)) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: ) I want to make a request regarding the official textures of the game concerning the stone blocks, I don't know which, I don't know 'how, but I would like to have a little more texture that gives us an aging effect, such as broken walls, cracks on walls, weed or mold that appears at the first levels of blocks added to the ground,in other words ugly and raucous textures (just having wives so ahahah i joke ... i will joke :saint::saint: ) that allow us to make broken and smelly ruins,those of now,once completed our always seem to have just returned from a marriage lol.
    Finally some color in more about plastic blocks, colors like orange or various shades of existing colors, beyond this I would also like to see some nice textures like silver or chrome :), last but not least .... the lights .......red51 give us the COLORED NEON 8o8o8o !!!!!!1 YES YOU CAN !!! 8)
    . Sorry for my bad english and thank you so much for your patience Red :) see you next time !!

:thumbup: From Old Artisan's Realm Server !

:D on Wild Frontiers Server now ! 8)

Edited 6 times, last by Alex74 ().

• Thanks for the feedback :)

I just noticed the GUIs for the world protection and GPS plugins no longer show up at the bottom of the screen after the last update. Any way to fix this?

I've just released another small (optional) hotfix, please let me know if the GUIs are still missing. Depending on when the GUI element was attached to the player screen, it could have been invisible in certain situations.

I might have to ban the granades if they do damage to buildings.

Grenades do not destroy any buildings or structures, they only do damage to players and npcs ;)

Also the stone axe seems not to harm bandits

The stone axe should still harm bandits, but bandits are more resistant now.

I would like to have a little more texture that gives us an aging effect, such as broken walls, cracks on walls, weed or mold that appears at the first levels of blocks added to the ground and finally some color in more about plastic blocks, colors like orange or various shades of existing colors

I will keep this in mind :) We are going to rework the textures and the way how they're stored in the near future. Being able to change the color of blocks (or planks or beams) was planned anyway, but perhaps it might be a good idea if you're also able to add another overlay texture on top of them (e.g. cracks, moss etc).

• Hmm.. these bandits and health meters gives me an idea but I don't know where to start. @red51 how would I create a floating health indicator for the bandits, skeletons & other NPC's? What I mean is a health indicator to tell us what their health is as we attack them? The little I know about Java is how to create custom loot tables, skins, textures & recipes. As for GUI I don't know a thing about it nor where to even start as I learned this stuff from Minecraft including data pack creation.

Example:

{
    "type": "crafting_shaped",
    "pattern": [
    "# #",
    "# #",
    " "
    ],
    "key": {
    "#": {
    "item": "minecraft:iron_nugget"
    }
    },
    "result": {
    "item": "minecraft:chainmail_boots",
    "count": 1
    }

}

In Rising World the recipes are completely different. If I was to swap the iron_nugget out for an iron_ingot in RW to make custom chainmail armor it doesn't work. The GUI is even more confusing because like I said I don't understand it nor to what workbench I would add the custom armor to. Any chance you could lend a modder a hand please? I want to bring some really cool things into the game and I'm confused by the GUI as I want it to be a part of the mod.

• I will keep this in mind We are going to rework the textures and the way how they're stored in the near future. Being able to change the color of blocks (or planks or beams) was planned anyway, but perhaps it might be a good idea if you're also able to add another overlay texture on top of them (e.g. cracks, moss etc).

Welll thx :) take your time and if is possible add some new stone statues like those already existing, they are very nice , we need more of them perhaps with mermaid-like shapes, angels of the apocalypse, or of some animal, maybe even good to insert them in a beautiful fountain of a city :) ok that's all again good work :thumbsup:

:thumbup: From Old Artisan's Realm Server !

:D on Wild Frontiers Server now ! 8)

• @red51 how would I create a floating health indicator for the bandits, skeletons & other NPC's? What I mean is a health indicator to tell us what their health is as we attack them?

You could use the plugin API to create that. Although it would be much easier if a text above them is sufficient, then you could use the World3DText element

I want to bring some really cool things into the game and I'm confused by the GUI as I want it to be a part of the mod.

What part of the GUI is confusing exactly? If you're referring to the Plugin API, it's better if you create a new topic in the API section: Plugin Discussion ;)

• PLease dont do this, then it becomes another world of warcraft. Its nice to just fight not knowing and then the surprise of the win

• So since the new update , not the one just now but from a few days ago. I noticed that (sorry to word it hope it makes since)

Lets say I have two stacks of 16 of carrots and I go and open a barrel.
    In the barrel there is a stack of 4 carrots already in the barrel . I
    click on one of the stacks of 16 carrots in my bags to place the carrots
    into the barrel it will top off the stack of 4 to 16 then the remaining
    carrots disappear. It dosent leave the remaining count in my bags or
    make a new stack with remaining ones in the barrel.

This as happened on a bunch of different items and different boxes just
    not the barrel . It even is happening from moving items from barrel back
    to my inventory bags on me. Its doing it both ways.

At first I thought I was just seeing things , so I asked in group the
    other day for others to watch or if they had noticed it already too. A
    few said yes right away, others by the end of the day said yes after I
    asked them to watch for it happening.

• Yes I experienced the same thing as you have, thought at first it was just my eyes but have watched it and seen it happen as you describe it. Mine have been happening in the wooden chests I have.

• I am not sure if this is related to this update but there is now the option to include terrain in blueprinting.
    Is there no permission we can do to prohibit having players bringing and copying terrain into the server? It genuinely defeats our type of economy at present.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!