Announcement Changelog 2019-03-12: New npcs, better AI, modded items

2019-04-16: A new hotfix (0.9.5.7) is now available!

• red51 wrote:

Actually the repeater is supposed to be much more accurate than the musket... maybe there was some sort of desync going on in this particular case? I'll take a closer look at the problem^^
      When these bugs occur I simply lose my common sense. Yeah, of course rifles would be far more accurate than a musket. It's just how the bugs present themselves I just react to how the bugs behave.... Zombie mode. Good luck sorting out the de-sync. Hope they're easy to fix.

------------

While doing an improvised stream tonight I came across a weird thing I wish could be streamed line. Just a "quality of life" type suggestion for Dummy NPCs wishing the menu we gain on 'EditDummyNPC' could extend to clothing selections and items. I wish you could go through clothing so once you set clothing you can go back and change it something else. ONe of my loyal viewers changed his mind and I struggle to change it back.

I love the 'GiveNPCitem' command though, that's handy. Wish for an 'Editclothing' menu similar to the 'editnpc' menu. That was a good menu.

I'm slowly making my way back into using features I haven't used before because how much fun Rising World is making things lately.

-------------

Also, can we PLEASE get an official and updated console command? The one I refer to is dated. Can we please have an up-to-date console command thread? Please?

forum.rising-world.net/thread/…ommands-to-spawn-objects/
      Images
      • 20190408024006_1.jpg

322.11 kB, 1,600×900, viewed 45 times
      [Threads of Interest - [My Suggestions] "On The List" | [Kitsu Test World ]

The post was edited 1 time, last by ArcticuKitsu ().

• ArcticuKitsu wrote:

Just a "quality of life" type suggestion for Dummy NPCs wishing the menu we gain on 'EditDummyNPC' could extend to clothing selections and items
      Something like that was actually planned, but unfortunately it wasn't ready in time... it's still on our list ;) In the meantime, you could use the editnpcclothes <clothes1> <clothes2> ... command to set clothes for an npc (e.g. editnpcclothes tux_jacket tux_pants tux_shoes, or in order to add only a single clothing item, use editnpcclothes add fedora for example). Although it is quite tricky to get the proper names of the clothes...

ArcticuKitsu wrote:

Also, can we PLEASE get an official and updated console command? The one I refer to is dated. Can we please have an up-to-date console command thread? Please?
      I'll try to get a list ready as soon as possible :)
    • red51 wrote:

ArcticuKitsu wrote:

Just a "quality of life" type suggestion for Dummy NPCs wishing the menu we gain on 'EditDummyNPC' could extend to clothing selections and items
      Something like that was actually planned, but unfortunately it wasn't ready in time... it's still on our list ;) In the meantime, you could use the editnpcclothes <clothes1> <clothes2> ... command to set clothes for an npc (e.g. editnpcclothes tux_jacket tux_pants tux_shoes, or in order to add only a single clothing item, use editnpcclothes add fedora for example). Although it is quite tricky to get the proper names of the clothes...

ArcticuKitsu wrote:

I'll try to get a list ready as soon as possible :)

Thanks! These helped nicely. Just however wish we had a list of items, clothing, an animations. Even a full documentation so I can make full use of the item loader plugin. I already posted about it but would love to insert candy so I can consume it while aimed at a friend (same post as above). Just struggling with the consumption part, and such.
    • ArcticuKitsu wrote:

Just however wish we had a list of items, clothing, an animations. Even a full documentation so I can make full use of the item loader plugin
      Actually I'm currently preparing a Steam guide which covers all console commands, item names, object names, clothes etc. I just ran into a stupid character limitation :thumbdown: However, the guide should be ready soon^^

But if you want to make full use of the custom items, you have to create a new plugin for that. You can check out the API documentation to find some example code, or alternatively check out my latest example plugins :)

zfoxfire wrote:

and another bug of sorts. The heat protection suit actually makes my body warmer. Maybe the insulation value needs to be negative? Hell just got a lot hotter.
      Thanks for letting me know, I'll put that on our to-do list ;)
    • A new hotfix (0.9.5.7) is now available, which fixes a few small bugs. It's necessary to update multiplayer servers accordingly ;)

Changelog 2019-04-16 (0.9.5.7):
      • [Bugfix] Fixed player inventory not always being saved correctly when disconnecting from a server
      • [Bugfix] Fixed some desync issues with npcs in multiplayer
      • [Bugfix] Fixed "black flicker" on dirt blocks
    • New

red51 wrote:

Termex_CZ wrote:

hi red51, will this year be trains?
      Originally trains were supposed to be the next update (after the npc update), however, unfortunately the Steam changes in October last year force us to go into a different direction... I will post an announcement about the next updates and our next steps in a few weeks.
      Sad to hear about this because "we" were looking forward to the trains update. Still have everything set up waiting for trains to be added hoping we'll still have a good chance to play with trains. Hope it isn't delayed too badly. Looking forward to seeing what's happening in the next announcement.

I feel Minecraft did it the "best" with Traincraft (ironically better than Train sims) because you could set up your railway however you wanted and it would handle like you would trains to behave. Love how you could place both solid & liquid cargo in specialized carts to even dispense it into liquid storage "below" track. I loved the simplicity in loading liquid carts with water & lava and it would just transport it to then "export" the liquid into a liquid storage tank below train tracks.

If trains do get delayed then I at least hope more features could be implemented into the trains then (if possible). Thought I'd just mention Traincraft for Minecraft because who knows who may be lurking, reading this so they could experiment in the meantime.

red51 wrote:

[Bugfix] Fixed some desync issues with npcs in multiplayer

Glad to see you fixed this. Haven't confirmed it with how busy I am, but glad to see it's fixed. I'll confirm this "soon" during my Easter breaks. :D

Thank you, Red.
    • Users Online 3

1 Member and 2 Guests