Turning off Spiders, NPC's, Bandits in existing worlds.

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • You can use the command disablenpc. This prevents an npc from spawning in your world, and it also deletes all existing npcs of this type. You have to call this command once per npc type, so if you want to disable spiders and bandits, open the console (by pressing ~ or `) and type:

disablenpc spider
    disablenpc bandit

• @red51 if you run this command, how do you turn them back on?

Unfortunately there is currently no command to turn them back on :( The only thing you could do is open the world database manually and removing them from the "WorldInfos" table. But maybe we can add another command with the next hotfix to re-enable disabled npcs ;)

• Would you be able to show what that section looks like and what to remove? I disabled bandits with that command thinking it may toggle on and off but now we have no bandits. I think I found the right db but am unsure what I'm looking for.

• Would you be able to show what that section looks like and what to remove? I disabled bandits with that command thinking it may toggle on and off but now we have no bandits. I think I found the right db but am unsure what I'm looking for.

You have to open the "WorldInfos" table and edit the DisabledNPCs row. It contains a list of all disabled npcs (separated by a comma). Just remove the "bandit" part from that string (if "bandit" is the only content of the string, just put an empty string there) and restart the game/server ;)

• Ok I found it but am kinda nervous to do anything to it lol. Could you please tell me what to do to this?IMG_1157.jpg

Sorry for the late response :/ The screenshot you've posted look like a raw text representation of the database... unfortunately you cannot really modify the database that way (changing any values there could break the database). You have to open the database file with a proper SQL editor (e.g. Navicat).
    However, the latest hotfix introduced the function enablenpc, which allows you to re-enable an npc that has been disabled before ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!