Changing colour of placed items

• Does anyone know if it is possible to change the texture/colour of placed beam, planks etc? I recently made a blue bike but would like to make others in different colours without having to redo the whole frame, this would make it much easier. ?(

• This is something I would love to see implemented, it takes an age to replace an entire interior that seemed such a good idea, until you have placed 4 stacks of bricks, stairs and all the myriad shapes. A direct like for like swap would be such a bonus.

"All these worlds are yours...........use them together, use them in peace" Arthur C clarke :love:

• to change a texture with your mouse on the plank, open the console and type: editc id 00 (00 is to place the real id ;) )
    but just for not to much beams etc because you have to do it 1 by 1.
    The best should be to wait the Blueprint Editor update (by Minotorious)

• Thank you so much Helie, I was able to change the colour of my bike frame to red (from blue). It did not have too many components. I am amazed how much this forum contributes to helping with building with ideas and techniques. So grateful many thanks :D

• You could use a former RW version for a short time to blueprint the desired model. The blueprint editor works with an older Rising World version. Be aware that you're not able to join a server with the current version.

• Thank you so much Helie, I was able to change the colour of my bike frame to red (from blue). It did not have too many components. I am amazed how much this forum contributes to helping with building with ideas and techniques. So grateful many thanks :D

You are welcome, glad it was helpfull :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!