Example: Backpacks

• Difficulty: Easy

This plugin creates a new custom item: A backpack! Basically a backpack acts like a regular chest, with the exception that the backpack is stored in your inventory. There are a few colors available and the backpacks are craftable at the workbench.

Hopefully nobody tries to store a backpack containing a backpack in a backpack :saint:

• I have unzipped this in the plugin folder but do not know how to access. I tried in creative mode at the workbench and could not find. I usually play SP. Can somebody please explain how this works. I have the pnb plugin and that works. Many thanks in advance

• I have unzipped this in the plugin folder but do not know how to access. I tried in creative mode at the workbench and could not find. I usually play SP. Can somebody please explain how this works. I have the pnb plugin and that works. Many thanks in advance

You just need to unzip the Backpacks.zip into the plugin folder. The file path must look like this: ..\RisingWorld\plugins\Backpacks
    In there must then be the directory "assets" with the included files and the file "Backpacks.jar".
    Then it works fine. The backpacks are then found in the normal workbench under "backpacks".

@red51: Das Plugin ist absolut genial! Sehr praktisch für alle Sammelwütigen, die auf den Erkundungstouren auf den störrischen Esel verzichten wollen. ;):thumbsup:

• Thank you, I found I had an extra backpack folder inside the original backpack folder. I removed this 2nd folder and added contents to the original and it now shows up in the workbench. Thanks again. :P

• You just need to unzip the Backpacks.zip into the plugin folder. The file path must look like this: ..\RisingWorld\plugins\Backpacks
    In there must then be the directory "assets" with the included files and the file "Backpacks.jar".
    Then it works fine. The backpacks are then found in the normal workbench under "backpacks".

Did this. It does read, as with the potato gun, it just refuses to load it in within the crafting station. I can see it in the crafting station, it however won't allow it to be selectable. Maybe it's the way I had to upload it onto Nitrado with it forgetting something.

• Am I missing something here?? I have made a backpack and it is in my inventory but I can't equip it or put anything in it.

Never mind, just me being a moron :) Figured it out

• Singleplayer only. Works perfectly fine on singleplayer but not multiplayer (Nitrado). Probably somehting stupidly simple, as always.

This plugin also works in multiplayer :) There is no distinction between singleplayer and multiplayer, since plugins are always executed "serverside" (in singleplayer, the game basically runs an integrated server, just without all the networking stuff) ^^

However, make sure there is an "assets" folder containing various files in the "Backpacks" plugin subfolder. Probably it's the same issue as described here, since the backpack models are loaded in the same way as the potato cannon assets ;)

• I'm sorry, I just "broke" last night & this early afternoon when I made that posting because everything is in the correct spot. I extracted everything where it should go, yet it just refuses to do what it should do. I know it works singleplayer yet honestly mindbaffling confused as to why it won't work mutliplayer that I just mentally broke.

:S Yeah, of course the plugins would work on both singleplayer and multiplayer.... I simply broke forgetting all common sense trying to figure this out.

Why?! Why won't it work..... I'll fiddle with it again.... What is Nitrado hosting doing. ?(

*Tries to troubleshoot again*

• @red51 Arcticu is right, potato cannon does not work correct on my Server - Nitrado
    i can craft it, and i can shoot the potatoes - but no gun in my hand
    no preview pic. - you get the pic. from the last thing you clicked on

and no backbag in the workbench

• Hmm... I just rented a small Nitrado server to reproduce this issue. And actually it looks like the issue is related to the filenames (at least under Linux) 8| This issue should be fixed now, I've updated the backpack plugin (and the potato cannon) accordingly - you have to download it again. Sorry for the hassle!

• Hmm... I just rented a small Nitrado server to reproduce this issue. And actually it looks like the issue is related to the filenames (at least under Linux) 8| This issue should be fixed now, I've updated the backpack plugin (and the potato cannon) accordingly - you have to download it again. Sorry for the hassle!

vielen lieben Dank :thumbsup: - bagpack u. potatoe gun funktionieren jetzt einwandfrei

Many thanks! :)

Seems to all work fine. I haven't crafted anything but I"ll assume it works fine until I can find time to craft both of them again.

• Der Rucksack ist toll
    ABER
    Ich finde es blöd das man den Rucksack in den Rucksack packen kann und wäre es evtl nicht besser wenn er in die Ausrüstung käme, dann kann ein Spieler max 8 Rucksäcke. Dies sollte reichen :saint:

• Ich finde es blöd das man den Rucksack in den Rucksack packen kann

Das könnte man verhindern, indem man zB auf das PlayerInventoryToChestEvent lauscht und entsprechend abbricht, falls ein Rucksack in einen Rucksack bewegt werden soll ;) Generell werden Rucksäcke so gehandhabt, als wären sie einfach nur "Kisten", die aber an keinen Ort gebunden sind. Bei Bedarf kann ich dazu gerne einen Code-Schnipsel posten ;)

wäre es evtl nicht besser wenn er in die Ausrüstung käme, dann kann ein Spieler max 8 Rucksäcke

Das Plugin sollte generell nur ein Beispiel sein, man könnte es aber natürlich auch durchaus so umsetzen, dass der Rucksack einfach nur im Inventar sein muss und via Hotkey geöffnet werden kann. Ich war aber bei den Beispielen eher darauf bedacht, dass der Code nicht unnötig kompliziert ausfällt, denn ich hoffe natürlich in erster Linie, dass die Beispielplugins jemanden den Einstieg in die API etwas erleichtern ^^

• I like this plugin you made @red51 I know it's only an example but wow the inventory can now be sorted with various backpacks. Can you please make this a vanilla feature with more textures?

Hehe, I'm glad to hear you like it! ;) Well, I'm thinking about that. I'm still not sure if backpacks should be part of the vanilla game, but if we add them, they will work slightly different than in this plugin (in this case, they will probably become an actual "clothing item")^^

• Hehe, I'm glad to hear you like it! ;) Well, I'm thinking about that. I'm still not sure if backpacks should be part of the vanilla game, but if we add them, they will work slightly different than in this plugin (in this case, they will probably become an actual "clothing item")^^

That would be nice use "I" to open the backpack or "B" naturally I swapped the inventory to "E" out of habit. Some games use the Tab key for inventory other use E but hey inventory does start with I as we learn our ABC's :rolleyes:;) Hope you get the joke.

• Ich finde es blöd das man den Rucksack in den Rucksack packen kann

Ich auch, vor allem, wenn man aus Versehen den Rucksack in sich selbst packt und schließt. Effektive Art der Item-Entsorgung... oder geistert das Inventar des Ruckis jetzt irgendwo in der 5. Dimension herum?

Gruß Inu

• Hi, sorry to bring up and old post again, im new to Rising World and wanted to try the plugins but start at the very basic ones to learn how it works etc i've created a new file in my Rising World folder called Plugins then downloaded this backpack plugin into that folder, ive extracted the files so I now have the .jar file as stated in an earlier comment above and it is in the correct path also :>steamapps> common> RisingWorld> Plugins> Backpacks , I loaded my save game up and looked for the Backpack in the workbench but I cannot find it. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong and why its not in the workbench, i've tried deleting previous downloads of the plugin a few times and tried a fresh downloads again but I cannot get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. :thinking:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!