Daniel Boone in the Wild

• I have been away from Rising World for a couple of months but have come back after seeing the latest update bringing more danger to the game in the way of hostile people. Looks great.

I am going to document here the way I play Rising World with screenshots which may be a little different to how you play the game.

Example...... I started a new game 20 minutes ago and the first thing I did was find a source of fresh water. Now with hostiles in the game I have decided to go up high with water near the top of a hill so I can see around me and keep an eye out for hostile people.

When I started playing this game early last year I always liked to find water as well as a nearby source of stone....eg A mine.

Well now I am doing it different and this time all I need is the water. I no longer use the mines that appear in the game.

Once I have water sourced I then look for a suitable area in which to begin digging a mine.....in most cases into the side of a hill covered with grass.

As you can see in the screenshot here I have started a nice looking tunnel through the grass and dirt heading in a gradual downhill location.

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

• After digging in the soil for around 5 minutes not finding any stone at all.... I then found this little square appearing from out of the soil.....

Modded Rising World 2024

• Now of course if I tried to hit that little area to get the ore I am not going to hear that metallic noise I so want to hear when hitting the ore. So much like with dealing with prehistoric fossils I dig carefully away at the dirt covering the ore and find out exactly how big the ore is.

Now if I hit the ore I get that great metallic sound.

Modded Rising World 2024

• By ignoring existing mines this brings an added level to the game as you need to create your own mine and hope that you are lucky to find some ore.

Working in the mine also helps keep you hidden from any hostiles that may be in the area.

If they see the light coming from the mine will they come to investigate? I hope not. I have no weapons yet.

Modded Rising World 2024

• Oh .... I forgot to mention..... the iron ore field was bigger than I expected.

From the picture above when I dug out that area I managed to find 51 pieces of Iron Ore and 7 pieces of Tungsten Ore..... a nice start.

As I am not using existing mines I changed the settings for the ore to a higher setting to give me a better chance of finding ore when I dig in the ground.

Modded Rising World 2024

• Though I have not seen hostiles yet I am sure they will turn up sooner or later.

Where my camp has being setup I am unlikely to be attacked by wild boar, bear or tiger. But if hostile people are around I need to create weapons as a priority. A musket or a rifle would be great but I think it will be some time before I can get those.

Near my drinking hole there was a rock cliff nearby....less than 30 feet away..... and my priority was to get all the stone I could from that rock face.

To build a furnace to melt the ore I need 64 stone..... I have 100 exact from the rock wall. Perfect!

Modded Rising World 2024

Edited once, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• Night time has arrived and Daniel Boone loves to sit back at times and gaze up at the countless stars in the sky...... keeping an ear open just in case one of those hostiles pass by.

To see the new stars better click on the image and then click view source image.

Modded Rising World 2024

• I continued digging a new mine into the ground..... heading down and in the direction of the lake.

Getting to about 50 to 70 feet below the surface I leveled out and started looking for more precious ore. It took 20 minutes before I actually found 29 lots of silver ore..... with more digging eventually finding iron ore x 72, Tungsten Ore x 7 and then I found a huge seam of coal which I am still digging through and has given me x63 of coal so far.

As I was about to dig for more coal I started shivering as it was pretty cold this far below ground. Rain had started above ground and I could hear the water trickling over the rocks outside the mine.

I quickly built a fire near the mouth of the mine..... a fire deep in the mine would exhaust the supply of oxygen and I would be dead before morning.

Spending today digging out a new mine below ground has given me a staggering 246 lots of stone which means tomorrow I can build a furnace and start processing this ore.

Weapons are still a huge priority because of the hostile animals out there...not to mention the hostile people.

Being Daniel Boone I look for the day when I can build a new rifle.

Modded Rising World 2024

• It had started raining last night while I was in the mine...... due to not having protective clothing I stayed in the new mine watching the rain pour down.

Morning arrived but it was still miserable outside and still pouring with rain. I want to get started on the smelter and building weapons and better clothes..... but I am not leaving the mine while it is pouring with rain as I will get soaked which could end up with me getting sick.

I turn around and go back into the mine to finish digging the rest of the huge seam of coal.

Modded Rising World 2024

• I saw your old work in progress. :rolleyes:
    I think that, now, you could continuous with the mod and you can add hostiles npcs of same era: like chromañon men, or some rivals tribals men.
    If you want any help I can try search you the textures, because I'm illustrator and designer. :thumbup:

• I saw your old work in progress. :rolleyes:
    I think that, now, you could continuous with the mod and you can add hostiles npcs of same era: like chromañon men, or some rivals tribals men.
    If you want any help I can try search you the textures, because I'm illustrator and designer. :thumbup:

The Prehistoric Rising World Mod will be worked on again after Easter...... I own my own business and had to concentrate on work the last 18 months.

Mod will be continued now.

Modded Rising World 2024

• I made some changes to the night sky....... while it was interesting having colored stars it was not exactly realistic...... so stars have been changed to a black and white mode.

The changes have been made to the texture pack which will be released with the Prehistoric mod.

Modded Rising World 2024

• All ores have now been re-textured and added to the texture pack.

While digging further into my mine I came across a vein of copper ore......
    I need to do some more work on the color of the copper ore so it is not too green.

After the picture below was taken the intensity of green has been reduced to a much duller green.

Modded Rising World 2024

Edited once, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• Blue water removed and replaced with a more muddy looking water.
    Next step is to replace the gravel on the edges of the water and replace with mud.

Added to texture pack.

Modded Rising World 2024

• All the vegetation has been changed and now has the much drier appearance. Some trees are still green so that this world is not completely brown.

In the picture below you can see the new look of aluminium ore...... which may be changed to the new name of Bauxite.....

Modded Rising World 2024

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!