PluginAPI error on singleplayer

• My singleplayer servers won't open anymore, as of at least a couple of days ago. I haven't tried since the last update, so I am not sure when exactly they stopped opening.

My current PluginAPI is version 0.9.5.5, which is the most recent one I can find in these forums.

I get the following error:

Windows10 (x64) 10.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.9.5.7_39 -H:3072 -D:3072 (Steam)
    Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz, H97M-G43(MS-7924), 8125 MB (3186 MBHeap)
    NVIDIAGeForce GTX 1060 3GB 20181010000000.000000-000 25.21.14.1634
    atpluginapi.PluginLoader.loadPluginFromJar(SourceFile:221)
    atpluginapi.PluginLoader.loadPlugins(SourceFile:48)
    atpluginapi.PluginManager.initialize(SourceFile:79)
    atw.l.c(SourceFile:313)
    atw.l.a(SourceFile:179)
    atw.i.a(SourceFile:207)
    atjava.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    atjava.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    atjava.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(UnknownSource)
    atjava.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(UnknownSource)
    atjava.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    atjava.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    atjava.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• Have you tried downloading the plugin API for 0.9.5.5 again as the messages indicate something is missing.

If a new download still comes up with an error have you tried going back to 0.9.5.4 ?

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

• Have you tried downloading the plugin API for 0.9.5.5 again as the messages indicate something is missing.

If a new download still comes up with an error have you tried going back to 0.9.5.4 ?

I did try reinstalling the 0.9.5.5.
    Now I am trying deleting the game entirely from my computer and starting fresh.
    I've played for years without error. Not sure why it's a problem now. I must be forgetting something.

• I downloaded the API the other day for the mod I am working on....... just seen that for some reason I downloaded 0.9.5.4 from the top of the page.

Just having a look at 0.9.5.5 now

Modded Rising World 2024

• What I did was to extract the PluginAPI to my Rising World folder (not the plugins folder). Tried running the singleplayer servers again and got the same message, even with a fresh install of everything.
    Next, I tried extracting the javadoc.zip file that appeared with the PluginAPI, but it didn't fix anything.

Here's what my files look like, in case something looks obviously wrong to you. I used WinRAR to open the PluginAPI.jar, and just as the error message says, couldn't find a plugin.yml in there anywhere. However, I was getting this error even before I upgraded from the previous PluginAPI version, so I'm kind of lost as to how to fix this.

Currently, I can't play singleplayer at all anymore.

• I noticed you had some additional folders in there that I don't have on my machine.

eg

Index-files
    Net
    Steam-Shader-Cache

I assume this is something you have installed.

When you do a clean install of RisingWorld , uninstalling from Steam and then deleting the folder, can you play the game before adding anything in.

I also see additional files in there that I assume are from javadoc...... they dont need to be there. Before adding them in have you tested if you can play with just the vanilla game files in the folder and nothing else?

This is what my folder looks like

Modded Rising World 2024

• I just remembered after Red released the NPC update that I had problems with starting the game. I had to do a windows update to pick up a recent update..... once that happened Rising World played OK.

You may want to check you have Windows Updated to date.

Modded Rising World 2024

• When you deleted the game did you uninstall from Steam and then delete the folder RisingWorld?

Yes

You may want to check you have Windows Updated to date.

Freshly updated

...you also don't appear to have any plugins folder?

I didn't add anything extra, just took what I got from a clean install of the game and PluginAPI. The only thing I might have done differently is extracting that one file, which did have the Index-files in it.

• Yes

Freshly updated
    ...you also don't appear to have any plugins folder?

I didn't add anything extra, just took what I got from a clean install of the game and PluginAPI. The only thing I might have done differently is extracting that one file, which did have the Index-files in it.

I did a fresh install of the game yesterday which took the plugins folder away. Added it back in again a few minutes ago.

I am wondering if you may have to restart your pc...... maybe something is sitting in memory causing an issue.

Modded Rising World 2024

• If you are still getting the message
    No 'plugin.yml' definition file found for plugin "PluginAPI.jar

What happens when you delete the PluginAPI.jar file?

Modded Rising World 2024

• The error indicates that the "PluginAPI.jar" file was put into the "plugins" folder (but it doesn't belong there). The game treats every jar file in this folder as a plugin, but the "PluginAPI.jar" is not a plugin, it's the actual API, so that does not work. If you write your own plugin, you don't have to ship the "PluginAPI.jar" with your plugin. Remove the "PluginAPI.jar" from the "plugins" folder and all its plugin subfolders, that should do the trick ;)

• Once I deleted the RWgui plugin, the error went away. I definitely had the PluginAPI.jar not in the plugins folder, as per the screenshot I posted earlier, though. The plugins folder contains only a couple of plugins, no extra copy of the PluginAPI or anything. The only plugins I have in there are gps, world protection, shared, and planksNbeams.

• Batta, nice to put a "face" to the name on the server ..... 8) I ran into a plugin issue causing issues on the server but it seems to have resolved itself. I suspect I had a corrupted file but in your case it seems like you have addressed that. You are using the same plugins I was / am so maybe an older version of one of the files got selected by mistake for download?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!