Survival mode

• I usually play in creative mode, but thought it would good to try and build something in survival mode. Few observations/suggestions:

In creative mode you can resize things down to 0.01 but i notice in survival i am only able to get as small as 0.1. I am not sure why this restriction is there. I dont see a problem with letting me chop down a tree and whittle it down to a toothpick in size .

In creative you can enlarge beams up to 15.99 in size. I understand you would not want this in survival, but it can limit what you can build while in this mode. My suggestion is if someone wants to resize a beam say from 1 1 1 to 1 1 2, then they should be allowed to do this, but it would then remove 2 beams from their inventory. If they only have 1 beam in their inventory then they could get an error message. It would be a simple math problem to figure out how many beams needed to be removed from the inventory to get the size the player is trying to create. I suggest this for a few reasons, One- because you are limited to max size of 1 1 1 you end up using alot more beams which then increases lag. Second, not being able to increase the size of a triangle can limit some builds, or at least make them a lot harder to build. And finally, if you are using the snap feature to place your beams, you loose a pixel (or whatever) in length, so if you have several beams that have been snapped together and you want to match the same height/length you have in blocks you will find your beams to be a bit shorter than your blocks. This is a problem because you have limited the size on the small end and large end. For example if i have a 4 blocks on top of each other and then i want to place 4 beams the size of 1 1 1 next to the blocks and use the snap mode i will find that my beam column is like 0.04 shorter than the block column, in survival i cant make a beam 0.04 high to fill in the size difference and i cant expand one of the other beams to 1 1 1.04 to make up the difference.

I hope this is not too confusing, but basically i would suggest to allow survival to reduce beams down to same size as in creative. and to allow beams to be enlarged past the 1 1 1 but to just use up more beams from the inventory.

• I fully agree here. The thing with this is that its actually not a part of the game (yet).

The options are there but only via console command. That means the option for different textures, the triangle and the size command are possible but not fully implemented yet. I truely hope this will be part of one of the next updates. But the building aspect of this game is the most fleshed out. Others as survival and adventure, also farming, cooking, etc. should have priority.

• I agree. I don't really understand why people in survival mode cannot build a very small wire for their henhouse or a wire fence.
    The size command hast nothing to do with survival, only with building, and if people wanna build their match house in survival mode, why not? The only way I see is to use, i. e. change permissions on a Dedicated server, or LAN (not sure wether LAN server and permissions still work).

For example if i have a 4 blocks on top of each other and then i want to place 4 beams the size of 1 1 1 next to the blocks and use the snap mode i will find that my beam column is like 0.04 shorter than the block column, in survival i cant make a beam 0.04 high to fill in the size difference and i cant expand one of the other beams to 1 1 1.04 to make up the difference.

If you want an exact match, don't use the snap mode, use the grid, but not even every grid fits the block size exactly, it's best to try.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!