Looking for a Plugin (Help!)

• So I've never used a plugin before, but have just started creating minigames to play with my siblings and friends, and I can think of some that would be very helpful. If anyone knows of a a plugin that will allow to do any of the following, please let me know (and thank you).

I'm wanting to find something that will let me

- Make a set spawn point for where people respawn when they die (I know the command "setspawn", but being able to have people spawn in a specific area after dying would be very helpful)
    - Change starting spawn gear, or possibly allow players to choose a "loadout" that gives them specific gear when they spawn.
    - Save the world as is, and allow me to rollback after a game session, so I don't have to worry about repairing the map and replacing any items that were used.

Are there any that would let me do these things? It would be fantastic if so, but if not I'll figure out something, even if it isn't quite as nice.

Thank you!

• - Make a set spawn point for where people respawn when they die (I know the command "setspawn", but being able to have people spawn in a specific area after dying would be very helpful)

Try the GPS plugin, it has a /sethome function for each individual player. They can use it via /home

- Change starting spawn gear, or possibly allow players to choose a "loadout" that gives them specific gear when they spawn.

If you want to do it for all players who spawn in you can use setinventory and setclothing console commands for the starting gear. For individual players you cannot set it atm.

- Save the world as is, and allow me to rollback after a game session, so I don't have to worry about repairing the map and replacing any items that were used.

Do you mean as a backup or to intentionally reset the whole world and destroy everyone's builds? For the former you can copy paste the worlds directory from your server, for the latter simply delete the world directory and the same world using the seed in server.properties will be generated again.

• Thanks for the reply!

Try the GPS plugin, it has a /sethome function for each individual player. They can use it via /home

I'll check that out. Thank you.

If you want to do it for all players who spawn in you can use setinventory and setclothing console commands for the starting gear. For individual players you cannot set it atm.

That's great to know. Too bad about not being able to do it for each player, or make classes/loadouts, but that'll still help a lot. Is there a list somewhere for all possible console commands?

Do you mean as a backup or to intentionally reset the whole world and destroy everyone's builds? For the former you can copy paste the worlds directory from your server, for the latter simply delete the world directory and the same world using the seed in server.properties will be generated again.

I think it would be like a backup? Essentially it would be like playing on a server with no auto save. Like if I could have built the map and structures, filled some chests, and so on, and save. Then after we play, move things around, take some arrows out of a chest, etc, nothing saves, so that when we load up the map again it's like when I first finished building it, before we played and moved things. Does that make sense?

• you would have to save the world files and replace them every time you wanted to start fresh. It would be best to save the plugins folder if you use any plugins too because they can hold separate data bases that would need to be reset. These are less important but should be backed up incase. also the script folder if you use the lua script area protection.

• there is the possibility if you put in server.properties = (line 70) = settings_save_world = false on false garnix we also stored no inventory of the people ... after reboot (when I log in I'm not sure) every time exactly the way you created it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!