Posts by Ande85

Did find something to fix the problem: I lowered the FPS in the config.properties file. It was set at 200, and I lowered it to 60. While the game is playable, I still want everything to be at the highest FPS, so I deleted the file, and restarted the game. Surprisingly enough everything worked on max settings. 8|

I don't know if there were errors in the original config file, and deleting it and letting it create a new one fixed it, but everything is working as it should. Still here is the log file just in case.

I was wondering if we could have some household items and various other clutter added to the game? So as to make things simple I was thinking of having this as one big thread where everyone can add to it. Here are some stuff that might be worth adding to the game.

kitchen sinks
    showers
    bathtubs
    refridgerators
    ovens
    microwaves
    dressers
    cabinets

Listed in no particular order are things that need improvement upon...mostly while trying to replicate my house.

Dressers - There isn't any. Where am I to store a change of clothing?

Hung Clothes - Speaking of clothes maybe there could be some to hang up in a closet?

TVs - Turned off or maybe flickering some static images. A few different sizes of TVs would be nice for those of us who want to give it that modern life feel.

Carpets - Like the dressers there aren't any. Mine is an indoor/outdoor carpet that's dark pink/purple. Something worth keeping in mind so that all carpet doesn't end up as "fluffy."

Beds - The available beds look to utilitarian, or like something only a destitute person would sleep in. Can we have something more comfortable that would not give a restless night's sleep?

Mirrors: Good for bathrooms, and one's own personal fun house.

Grass seeds - Self explanatory. Grass doesn't grow back, and we need something to fix that.

Biomes - I have yet to see any. An island or two would be nice for those stand-alone projects.

Color - There is a limited amount of color combinations to choose from. Is there some way to incorporate a slider that will allow you to change the color of a block or object to something more fitting?

Arrow Keys - Would be useful to cycle through the menus. Up and down keys to change your main selection while left and right would be used to cycle through the various colors/shapes.

World Editor - Unlikely to happen, but still, nothing says frustrating like tearing down a wall just because you need to move it a dozen or so blocks to the right...also useful in flatting out the terrain, because let's face it, minecraft this isn't, so kiss getting a leveled area good-bye. Also, in terms of updates to the main program, this can be useful to save buildings that took hours to build. As you can imagine I do not want to rebuild my house a second time unless I absolutely have too, so yes, this will be useful in saving a number of user's sanity, and cut down on the cost of broken monitors, controllers, and visits to the ER.

Macs aren't built for games which is why most gamers use some version of Windows. Also, unlike a Mac, a PC can be upgraded. Yes, it's dirty, because instead of replacing a component you got to replace the entire things, so Apple get's to take advantage of it's customers by forcing them to blow a couple thousand instead of a few hundred for an upgrade. Still that is why Macs are mostly a status symbol, and for practical purposes, only artists or musicians should be fooling with it, as for the rest of the world, Windows is just easier (unless your running a server then get a Linux).

I tried playing this game with only 32-bit Java installed, and yes, it crashed when pulling a basic shelter out, but it worked just fine. Then I installed the latest version of Java 64-bit, and while everything is okay when moving with the WASD keys, the moment you rotate the camera the game goes from point A to point B with nothing else in between. Basically it's like if you took two screenshots of the game with the only difference being that the second screenshot was rotated about 15 degrees to the right. As you can imagine, this is all very disorienting, and while I've tried lowering every setting possible, the problem will not go away.

I've tried uninstalling Java 32-bit, and no difference was made, and even when I installed the updated 32-bit version of Java, the problem remained. As far as I can tell this is an issue with the 64-bit of Java, and I was wondering what I could do to cause the game to become more fluid.

EDIT: Updated the game via the Steam interface. Guess what? Now the problem is even worse. Turns out it no longer matters what version of Java is installed the game always freezes whenever the camera is rotated. I tried running with everything set as low as it would go, and no difference was made. Below is my system settings.

CPU: Hyper threaded 2.8 GHz

RAM: 32 GB

Graphics Card: Radeon HD 7950