Posts by Machine Medic

Maybe in some cases (to prevent flying blocks or objects), but we will not support it for whole structures

I'm not a programmer by trade, but I might suggest a very simple system to deter a flying block situation without precluding someone from building a space station or somesuch...

You might be able to come up with a simple subroutine that triggers on block break or place that checks for the number of adjacent and diagonal blocks in a structure, and whether any of those blocks are in contact (or within very close proximity to, for the sake of simplicity) with any type of soil or ground material.

So, you would need to:

1. Check the number of blocks in the structure.
    2. Compare this number to a preset minimum value (i.e. 2-10 or W/E blocks counts as a 'structure', not a random bunch of junk).
    3. Check for soil contact on any of the blocks in the above structure if 2 is <minimum.
    4. Destroy all blocks if 3 is FALSE.

Though ultimately, I think this would probably end up being more work than reward, and would more likely than not end up aggravating some players that don't know how the internal mechanics of the game function.

Just my two cents.

That's one of the things that has always irked me about Minecraft... It had no Masterlist.

Games as old as Quake 3 have had builtin server lists and search tools, and yet Mojang decided not to include any such thing.

A masterlist for this game wouldn't exactly be a dealbreaker or anything of that extreme nature to me, but it would definitely count towards a few brownie points for the developers.

(Major thread necro, lol)

Anywhoo, it sounds like there is a small timing problem with tools at the moment. Whenever a tool is swung at a workpiece, you can hear both a 'swing' sound, and a 'hit' sound. However the hit can always be heard before the swing...

Advancing the 'swing' and/or delaying the 'hit' would probably resolve this pretty easily.

This is a minor suggestion, but it would be nice to have some sort of option to vary the client's FOV angle.

As it is, the current field of view feels a little bit small, like looking at the world through a magnifying glass.

That's all I've got for now, though... So far, this game is headed towards just about everything I've ever wanted in an open-world sandbox.

Given time, publicity, and continuous support from the devs, this game has the fundamental potential to set a new benchmark for this genre if executed correctly. Keep up the hard work, and you might really be on to something big.

:thumbsup: