Posts by tryst46

I was actually speaking of adding it as an addon by users rather than created by the devs. Somewhere we can put files and such for our own designed clothing. I would presume this comes under the remit of a clothing addon for the API.

The files are showing with a DDSE extension. I have a DDS editor but I get the error: Can't read file header.

Do these have some special encoded or something? If so, what editor can I use to and add new DDS files?

I want to try adding some more clothing to the list.

I started a game and built a workbench but as yet, I can find no chest or storage item on it to put my stuff in.

I know it's right at the start of the game but you do often travel a fair distance to find the perfect spot and undoubtedly, you'll pick up a few useful things on the way. All I want is somewhere safe to store them temporarily so it leave the rest of my inventory free to start building my new home. None of the workbenches have storage space (unless you include the forge while it's smelting ingots for you) so you can't put items to use for crafting in them. That means your entire inventory has to be used for storage for crafting as well as for your tools, weapons and food etc. If you've already picked up skins, cotton and such for later use while on your travels to find the perfect spot for your home, there's nowhere to put them so they remain in your inventory, limiting the space you have to build your dream home.

It seems, until you create a tier 2 workbench, you are stuck with everything cluttering your inventory. Dropping them near where you are building results in despawn so that's not an option either.

I want to create a few more different shaped blocks and some other basic stuff. However, all the files are in J3O format and I have no way to import them or export my designs. I have Blender to create what I need once I have analysed how big the blocks are in the game.

The problem I have come across is how to import the existing J3O files into blender to edit them into what I want to create and export them into the required J3O files. I'd also need the data that gives the game the required rotation and resizing parameters, (whether it can rotate around 2 axis like a window or just 1 axis like a door and what axis the resizing can act on).

Can anyone help with this?

Cars and vans but I am not ruling out powered mine carts as well which would be an awesome addon.

Not so much trains over land as this would entail creating railway lines which would use up resources such as iron at a rate far exceeding our ability to find it. In addition, I think the design of tracks would create more than a few headaches for the dev team where speed and other dynamics would be involved in turns etc.

A powered mine cart with a ride-on engine would be slow and therefore be able to navigate a 45 or 90 degree turn far more easily than a train which makes track designs easier for devs. Also, the tracks won't need to be so long which would not use resources so much. All that would be needed is an inventory system so we can put rocks and other resources in the cart to haul out of the mine.

The cars needed would be a 4x4 and a regular saloon. One for rough terrain and the other for roads that we've built. A van would also have resources to haul from a mine to the work site and would also have an inventory for storing stuff to haul like blocks and other resources for building.