Posts by Drayln

I was having issues with connection. I have replaced modem now. I have never been able to have my server show in public servers list. I have followed every instruction there is on the forums but no success. I am taking a break from the game until biomes currently.

I was able to log into my server via local LAN until today. Now I can no longer access it from the machine it was running on and I am also getting the error in the code below. I was also never able to create a server I could connect to outside my local LAN. Any advice?

I am trying to log in using the linux_startscript.sh but I keep getting the "No Server title set" and then it exits. My linux_startscript is below. I have also altered all the names in the server.properties to the same naming scheme. I have probably made stupid oversight here but I am trying to learn Linux as I go with this. Thank you for help.

Hi everyone. I just installed this game over the weekend. I am quite impressed so far and see lots of potential. I am not sure if we have an introduction section of forum or not so I hope I posted this in the proper place. I have been perusing the forums and it looks like the game is moving in the right direction to me. My first MMO was Ultima Online and then moved to Everquest 1 etc. I am a big fan of open world sandbox MMO's. I have already created a dedicated server via the instructions. If I may I would like to ask a few questions. If the answers already exist on the forum somewhere please point me in the right direction and I can research it. Thank you in advance!

1) I can not see my hosted server listed in the list via the Steam client (I purchased game from Steam 6/20/15). I followed the directions on "hosting a multiplayer server" here on the forums but we are currently connecting via IP and server doesnt show. I can post the server.properties if that will help.

2) I read the forum post about moving the server DB over to a MySQL server. I have never used MySQL and am a bit intimidated by the listed processes in the forum. Is it better to convert to MySQL? We currently have about 3-4 constant players but I could see growth potential and would rather have it correct now than when we have more players.
    A) Is there a bit more step my step guide for the conversion process for noobs like myself?

3) I am currently hosting the server on my windows desktop ( I7 3770K, 16gb 1800mhz RIPJaw RAM, 128gb SSD, 2TB HSSD, NVIDIA 770GTX). Is this machine powerful enough to host a server of say 50 clients?

4) I have very limited experience with batch files. I notice the batch file for server is only
    @Echo off
    java -jar server.ja . What else should I have in the batch file? I also would like to know how to access settings like autosave timings but do not know where those config files live.

5) Is there a command or way to restart server without just ctrl +c in the CMD window? (This is probably a really noob question and I apologize in advance). I have noticed the longer the server is running the more laggy it becomes and more glitches happen. A server restart seems to fix these most of the time.

Thank you very much!