Posts by skycorn

Oh, I didn't realize how complicated it would be. I don't want it that bad. Every problem I've encountered I've solved by reading the forum, I just thought it would be nice to have the stand alone version. Thanks for the explanation.

I would have gotten the stand alone version when I first bought the game, if I had realized it was available. It's not that I don't trust Steam but I have had problems adjusting to it. In the past, I wasn't able to get the offline mode to work for me. I'd still have to go back online to get an update. This morning I was trying to load the game but I kept getting error messages that the Steam servers aren't available. It's not the first time this has happened. Yes, the forum did tell me how to fix it but it can get annoying sometimes to keep going through all these extra steps. If you think that it's not worth it to switch versions than maybe I should try a little harder to make it work for me.

I have the steam version and I want to switch to the stand alone version. I'm thinking that I have to first delete the Steam version, download and re-purchase the stand alone version off the website and then copy my game files to the new version. Is this correct? Is there anything else I need to know? I want to make sure.