Posts by Meltron

Endlich hab ich meinen Steam guide mal einigermaßen fertig ^^
    Er richtet sich in erster Linie an neue Spieler, da er vor allem zu Beginn sehr simple Dinge erklärt, aber vielleicht findet ja auch der ein oder andere "alte Hase" ein paar nützliche Tipps, die er noch nicht kannte. Bei der Recherche ist mir nämlich aufgefallen, dass ich gar nicht alle Tricks kenne :P Zwar hat Quezax schon praktisch alle nützlichen Tipps in seinem Thread abgedeckt, jedoch kamen doch noch einige Nachfragen zu grundlegenden Dingen zum Spiel, vor allem von deutschen Spielern und ich wollte einfach einen "Rundum - Wohlfühl - Guide" machen. ^^
    Bezüglich der Quellen habe ich nur alles grob am Ende angegeben, ich hoffe, dass du, @red51 nichts dagegen hast, dass ich die 2 Bilder von euch zum Erweiterten Bausystem benutz habe.
    Ansonsten deckt der Guide auch nicht jedes Objekt genau ab und vor allem der "Mehrspieler" - Teil erfodert wohl etwas Überarbeitung, weil ich mich mit Servern usw. nicht auskenne. Die echten Experten können also gerne (Verbesserungs-) Vorschläge machen.
    Auch bezüglich Rechtschreibefehler und stilistisches "Gedöns" ist Kritik ausdrücklich erwünscht! :P

Hier ist das gute Stück nun.

Wenn der Guide einigermaßen positives Feedback bekommt, werde ich ihn in den nächsten Tagen auch auf Englisch übersetzen.

25.07.2015: Verschoben in neues Tutorial-Subforum

Anyway, I have kinda problems with the extended construction system. Sometimes it floats through other objects, sometimes not. Well, sometimes this is wanted, but sometimes I don't want that ^^. Also, it often attaches to certain objects and sometimes not.

I don't kow, if you get the problem I have, but let me suggest three (edit: 2 ^^)simple things that I believe would make building way easier:

• If we attach e.g. a blank to another, it should always do that without any space between those blanks, even when that means, that the new blank would go through some wall or something. To make this more clear, please take a look at this. As you can see, there is a small gab between those blanks although I used the modular building tool. I don't know, if this is a bug or if I did something wrong, but it would be nice, if attaching object would always work, even when this would mean that items would glitch together.
    • When resizing an object, it should not move. Because here I tried to let those skewed beams go to the beam in the middle, but it only worked on the ceiling. This is because when you resize an object, it only does that with one side of the object. Also, when you have already placed e.g. a beam like in the picture and resize it to let it fit to the other objects, it moves which is very annoying. So it would be nice, if that would not happen and that resizing an object would make it grow on both sides equally like it does when you adjust the width. I guess this should not happen when you have a standing blank on the floor, but maybe that could be an exception. And if you resize an object and it is too big to fit into place, I think it is better that it would go through the other objects rather than automatically trying to adjust itself to whatever else.
    • Well, I just wanted to suggest what is already in the game: That you can scale and rotate an object and then make it stand still. Next, you can freely place it, using the [↑], [↓], [←], [→], [Pageup] and [Page down] - Keys to move it on all three axis. With this technique, you can even make objects go through other objects.

This feature can be enabled be pressing the right [ctrl] - button. I always thought you can only use this to look at the object form every side. Actually, I think this is the most useful system of all.
    Now I can finally go on with the work on my tavern, since I know, how to easely place those damn beams :P And you also added the benches and lanterns I needed, awesome @red51 ! But please write in the help window (F1), what you can do with this awesome feature! Because maybe there is someone else who is not that clever >.<

Danke für die netten Worte! Es dauert natürlich noch ein wenig bis die ersten Fahrzeuge über die Rising World Hügel düsen werden ;) Für den Anfang ist erstmal ein Geländewagen geplant, der passt wahrscheinlich am ehesten ins Bild, auch war ein (sofern das als "Fahrzeug" erachtet werden kann) Gleiter angedacht ;)
    Alles, was danach ins Spiel kommen wird, ist dann eher reine Spekulation^^ Da haben wir selbst noch keine konkreten Pläne, wahrscheinlich wären am Tage X Abstimmungen im Forum am sinnvollsten ;)

:thumbup:

ich denke Gleiter würden gut funktionieren, wie z.B. in Far Cry 2 auch

is the picture problem (upload pictures bug) fixed? Seems not since its not on the List :(

What bug?
    __
    red, you night worker xD Also, it was clear, that once I am almost done with my steam guide, you bring out an update ^^
    There are now lanterns? Awesome, just what I needed :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Also, you just implemented benches, right when I needed them for my tavern!
    Nice jalousie and radiator as well, although not that fitting for my medieval tavern ^^
    Good job on that auto converting map tool as well!

10/10 would update again
    Guess I am buying the game for my friend as well, if he wants it or not ^^

Nice idea, but unfortunately, unless you teach me how to model, I couldn't contribute to that. So would be nice, if users could build houses as you mentioned or towns and red could then use this to make the game generate randomized towns and stuff. This way, the world would look way more realistic, if there are already some towns etc. when you load the map the first time (Not too much of those things of course). Well, I guess then he had to program bots of citizens, too, unless you want jsut ruins or ghost towns^^

Soweit ich weiß, ist der "Creative" - Modus im Moment eigentlich noch das Gleiche wie der "Survival" - Modus. "Gestrandet" und "Abenteuer" sind noch gar nicht spielbar.
    Wenn du wissen willst, was die Spiele -Modi später auszeichnen soll, glaube ich, dass dazu noch nichts gesagt wurde.

Und natürlich herzlich willkommen :D