Posts by MirvannaScythes

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Well, with technology teleports so long as the exit location also requires large amounts of setup/power it leaves use for vehicles in exploration and mining.

Here's an idea, have you heard that we can teleport light already rl? Perhaps the teleport could take time to deconstruct and reconstruct players and materials into light and back, plus require a line of sight transmission beam. You'd think twice if you could be killed by a smoke grenade during transmission.

Mmm, puts a hole in a good story for me if you just respawn suddenly like that. That's why I liked the "Resurrection slab" as it tells a story of it's own, creepy as it is.

Presently, the game gives me something of a industrial era vibe, maybe even ww1. My other suggestion, would be a story book on a altar, as if too say "Be reborn, your part in this tale is not over" similar to the concept of Myst, you are inside the story and the book on the altar is also the story.

One could spawn with their story, and write a new story should they lose the original tome. It's a good premise for placing entrances to other universes, or player self improvements skills etc should we want those or want to mod those.

The 'last bed slept in' is a time honored video game save point reference :p but you are definitely right, set yourself apart JIW you are worth that!

I vote on a constructed resurrection slab that can be improved in future updates with ore/animal sacrifices etc for respawns.

But what I want most now? Water! I have been excited about the gravity affected water from announcement.

I'm still hoping for something like spores vehicle construction system or archemedis ships mod. But if such isn't possible, maybe a simple cart as in, horse and cart type of cart would be best? It'd certainly look good in the game, you could load your ores in it and lug it around, then later tame a horse and hitch it too it for increased tow-weight/rideable instead of dragging it c:

Dropping torches with a timed life sounds like a great idea. Flares could have a number of improvements but require additional fabrication, such as being hold-to-throw able and floating. I suggest a calcinator and alembic be implemented for processing, animal sewage, seawater and natural saltpeter for them.

1000's of animals represented by 10 or so? What you could do is have them merge into flock entity (think a three headed sheep representing 10 or so). But I think it's better to let the lag fly. We don't have the same handicaps as MC (java emulation port to network ughhhhh) and you won't hit the wall as quick. We use to allow players too keep 20 animals that can't despawn which they did by naming them. Other animals were cleaned up every 15mins so our cloning machines etc didn't kill the server (such as my collosal chicken xp juicer).

Well there is never a ending to these things c: and we could mark if it was okay for devs to simply import our mods or part of them into the base experience.

I have really been looking forward to making mods for the client and I am aware that there is some room to do it with scripts.

But I wanted to know if we could make a basic 'Mods' folder, that automatically would load items, mobs, blocks and land generation when the game was started. If you guys take this step, it means a ton less dicking around with stuff like forge for minecraft and would let your modding friends fly.

The folder might need server/world specific directories, and it might seem a waste of time at first, but I know other players are already itching to make great addition to the base experience.

I assumed the bushes were a unevolved tree - pokemon joke, sorry xD

But they could have a individual purpose, young trees are great for making snares and traps for example. During the war in Vietnam, some of the traps made with with them were utterly horrifying. War tends to bring that out however.

I'm hoping for some bamboo. There are a million things you can make with bamboo aside from just furniture and housing, pipes, rafts, blowguns, punji, bows, fireworks, paper...

Can this do polls? Maybe we should poll to show the devs what the community is interested in ^^ or have some sort of design competition for fantasy mobs.

I'd like;

10. Bronze steam golems/automatons - Ancient Underground Dungeon mob, could be a source of rare metals to encourage questing/roaming
    11. Raccoons - Forest mob, as suggested by another player it enters houses and griefs chests if not fitted with a lock.
    12. Werewolf Villagers/Npc's - Village mob hostile during a random bloodmoon event, discourages players from building over and hoarding villages.
    13. Foxes - Plains mob, investigates fences and new constructions, killing herd animals and harming the player if they try to prevent it.

Wow dude. That's all I'm saying.

It cost about $4000AU to put together, but I work two jobs with little to spend on and wanted something decent, I can have spam repeaters to my hearts content in minecraft.

Except my internet is bollocks.... 2mbit/512kbs peak lol

XSPC Dual Loop Liquid Cooled XPREDATOR-Blue case
    i7-4930K hexcore @ 3.4ghz /w LCS
    Asrock E7 mobo 2011
    32gb 2400-OC Ram
    6gb Titan Black OC Edition Graphics /w LCS
    512gb PCI-E SSD (Onboard SSD's are still trash, not recommended. I can't boot from it and constant bad sectors)
    512gb SATA SSD (Much better)
    1tb 10,000RPM HDD
    Dual 32' TV's for monitors (I have trashy taste)
    G15 Keyboard and G7 mouse

Factories? Bulldozers? Conveyer belts?
    Wow. You guys are envisioning a completely different game than I am.
    Sounds like some of you need to play Space Engineers.

There's a lot of ways to skin a rabbit. And a lot of ways to play a voxel. We can all enjoy our way of playing with simple setting restrictions and active modders.

I play mine like this;

But I respect and understand where your coming from and how you wish to play it.

There was good reason for that to do with chunk loading and cross mod compatibility. Although I too would prefer a system like that, would really challenge the player if a realistic circuit was required i.e. series/paralleled circuits or voltage restrictions, even suceptablity to the elements water/lightning. Basically the problem was wires leading off into unloaded chunks not powering, overpowering or causing unexplained surges. Ironically, it'd probably use less processing power to keep a chunk containing a wire/machine spot loaded than to have those old 'packet shunting' systems used by BC, ME, TE3 and IC2, because all you need is a variable between the source and target for if supply is true.

My biggest hope is that either Spore or Archimedes Ships are used as a basis for how vehicles are constructed ^^ (Vehicles are another 'planned' development).

I would suggest 'Ages' be used as a technological limiter for servers, with additional specific bans available. As I'm the opposite, I want pipes, conveyor belts, auto drills and generators :D Even if I have to write my own mekanism-esque mod. Lua isn't a hard language, and I was slowly rewriting a alternative for Applied Energistics until MC kinda got stale and 'sold out to console demons'.

Burn in hell Notch.

I guess what people like about zombies is that they are a 'inherently evil' antagonist, explicable in any place within the game. So random spawning and mindless killing never feels off.

IMO, something that isn't used too often, and would look absolutely great as hostile mobs is ancient rusted automatons from a past civilization similar to the dwemer automatons of Bethesda Elder Scrolls series but less magical, more technological. Plus in a construction game, fighting hostile constructs just feels right really :U