Posts by xeridox

It was here: Möbel/Turm
    The image on the right, the castle spire or whatever it is...yeah he had taken a wall section with a window out of it, made a blueprint of it, and made quite a large castle with it. Not sure if I explained that right lol...but when he took one section apart, piece by piece, we saw how many pieces were in each section (we lost count lol) and were like...yep that's our problem. He had probably an equivalent of 40 of those castle spires in one area.

We've actually found the problem, my roommate's castle was made of blueprints from the forums, and each blueprint had tons of constructions in it. He took the castle out today just to test, and no more freezing. Evidently, he reached the limitation of the game lol. If a game can be broken, he is sure to find the way lol

so your running a game and letting your friend connect to your game at the same time as your playing it ?

Nope, as I said before, We're on a LAN, and the server has 4 dual-core Xeons and 32 Gigs RAM.

Red51 requested I create a new topic for this one, so here goes.

My roommate and I have been experiencing a lot of momentary freezing, which sometimes last for several seconds, since the last couple of updates (I think 0.6.4.4 is when it started). He says he has less trouble on his singleplayer than when on our server, but I suspect as Red does, that it is in fact a client-side issue. We're on a LAN, and the server has 4 dual-core Xeons and 32 Gigs RAM.

Here is a report right after one of the freezes:

Not using any of the SQL stuff, not even sure how to use it or what to use it for lol...

Still having the same issues, it will completely freeze (unable to do anything, trees stop blowing in the wind, everything stops), unless you're standing still.

I am aware of the texture packs...I was just suggesting a game addition. :)

Hmm maybe this new update fixed some people's lagging problems, but...
    ...we didn't really have any lagging issues until now. We're running a dedicated server (4 dual core Xeons and 32 gig ram, so I don't think it's memory related lol) and as I said this ran smoother on our computers before. Now, every 5 to 10 seconds or so, it will hang for a second or two. Seems to only happen when walking around, like maybe something to do with world loading.

Otherwise, this is a fantastic game! Indeed, thank you Red51 for all the hard work! :)

I would love to be able to add new textures to the game, say with a .json file or the like, and simply drop the texture and optional normal maps and such into a 'custom textures' folder or something. Or, it would even be cool to add a new texture to be used on blocks/constructions in a similar way to adding a poster. A GUI with the file selection, and controls for adding normal maps, % of transparency, how much light it gives off if any, etc. Just some ideas :)

Modular building seems to not work when I'm below a Z-coordinate of 313. Really annoying...anyone else have this problem? I'm running build 0.6.4.1.

Edit: OK a little more playing around and it looks like it happens at certain points in each chunk.
    Also to clarify, the modular building I'm speaking of is supposed to allow a board to snap to another board perfectly, fixing position and rotation...hope I'm using the right words lol