Posts by Roy

I'm not saying you trade for goods but you trade for some kind of currency which can be used within the village to buy from a market store or shop something you require like, wood, stone, tools. The quota could be a weekly amount, you do this because its your job and lets you live in the village. Those who do not wish to live in the village can happily go off and live out in the woods or as far away from any town as they like, only trading with the town for items they want but don't need in order to survive.

The villagers would need some level of intellect because this I was thinking could be multiplayer and single player, it works in Minecraft although not in the way I describe here.

Not sure if they are planned but if they are then perhaps expand on them (like the mod for minecraft which name alludes me, but with differences) minecrafts mod allows you to trade with the village people gaining respect and such as you trade with them. How about advancing on this and putting a job board in place where rather than "we need these resources" a job board where positions are available. The village needs a farmer crop and/or animal (both are listed as separate requirements, a bakery etc once you have decided you visit the village chief and see if you are can have which ever job role you wanted and f allowed that role is removed from the job board in less more vacancies for that type are available. Now with your role within the village (for example of this suggestion you are a crop farmer) you are required to provide a certain amount of wheat, barley, rye (what ever types of crops are available ingame) to be ready each and every harvest (this is assuming crops will not grow within one or two game days, but take time) if months are to be added then maybe each month you need to have provided x amount of the given resource for your job type. With months been implemented we can see more with weather aswell, winter is more wet and/or snowy colder weather means lower yields for crops which means more land is required for crops. As the village grows so does your expected amount of wheat. The farmer might need to build a mill to grind the wheat into flour which means they need to make sure they have a surplus each harvest to allow them to always have enough left over for themselves.

If your a animal breeder then you have to do what ever you can to keep stock levels high and protect them from wolves, foxes and other predators and so on for each profession.

Sadly that log from last night for not been able to play single or multiplayer has been deleted when trying to install the game again. If it happens again I will upload the log, the server I play is "Sunny Rising World 178.251.228.72:4255" and at the moment I can't connect to that server but can connect to other servers. Log provided bellow for server connection, obviously is a server issue and not game related though seeing as I can join other servers. However the problem I was having last night was happening on all servers and is a totally separate problem.

Update, now when I try to join the server I get couldn't connect however that isn't the problem, the problem is the mouse no longer works and I'm stuck on the lobby page with only one way getting back to the main menu (minimising game and closing it and restart the game). Log added bellow.

Sadly I deleted the game folder and ran verify game integrity from steam just in case it didn't scan certain files which could have been corrupt. Anyway this didn't work, but I have linked the connection issue to single player, if you try to join a server and get the error unable to authenticate and then decide to start a single player game the world doesn't load/create. If you exit the game and start it over then go to single player the world will load/create as normal, so this problem not been able to play single player is only if you try to join a server and get the error and then try to create/load a world in single player.

It took around 45 minutes before I was able to join a server again. The losing connection seems most think its to do with chopping down trees and crafting things, I don't, i think its to do with survival mode its self because you can just be standing there idle and still loose connection, in a period of 4 hours I must have lost my connection at least 12 times.

Ok this problem above is getting worse, my ex-partner is running on the same router as me with no problems yet I can't join a multiplayer game or even start a single player game now. The top right of the main menu shows as red lines (not green) so this I'm guessing is no connection to hive, so I understand you don't need the internet to play this game in single player so why can't I start a single player game any more?

Myself and my ex are running the exact same java (64 bit) running wired from the same router and almost have identical computers (only difference is gpu's, here's is the Nvidia 550 Ti and mines the Nvidia 660, she was running the Nvidia 650 Ti boost till it died on here a few weeks back). So has there been a work around for this problem, I have restarted steam, restarted my computer, verified the files and nothing is working. Normally when this happened I simply restarted the game and all was well again, but now nothing works.

When I go try to join a server, I can join but after so long of playing in a server I loose connection and sometimes when trying to join that same server, I get that error. If I leave it for a few minutes I can join without problem, its strange and its a 50/50 as to if I get that error or not. Some days I can join the same server without any problems after loosing connection other days though I have that error come up and seems there is no pattern for it happening. I never run anything in the background so its nothing interfering with the game, I use java 64 bit but can't see that been the problem and I have the latest java 64 bit update.

Not sure if people would want this because you will get some people who join looking to kill players or loot them. I personally would rather it not be easier. If someone wants you to find them they can give you their co-ordinates and I think that's the way it should stay.

Ok so if I avoid trying pick the logs up fast this problem should be less likely to happen or perhaps increase the length of time it takes for it to happen? Still a bug though and perhaps when that gets fixed we will see much less connection issue's.

Not sure about it been a connection issue on my end as I place a lot of multiplayer games (some of which are like F1 2014 where there is no dedicated server) and I have never had a connection problem in any of those games.

Still get errors, example I was chopping tree's down, must have chopped 9 or 10 down in a row before the first connection issue. All the tree's was been chopped down fine then the last tree to fall exploded after I chopped it up for small logs I couldn't remove the stump so headed back to where people had started a small town and the game froze or so it seemed. I could pan around but my character remained facing the way I was heading before the game froze. I could flick between items in the inventory but the item in my hand would remain what the same as what it had been the moment the game froze. F2 didn't work either, then an error message came up and I lost connection on my second try on the server all was going well then while terraforming the landscape for my house the same thinhg happened but rather than freeze I got the error message stating connection had been lost.

Maybe loop the world so that its like earth, it will feel endless but you will only know it isn't if you place a marker and then walk in a perfect straight line for endless days before returning to the marker but from the opposite way you walked away from.

I purchased 2 copies through steam, 1 for myself and 1 for my ex because she loves survival games like this and we use to play a lot of MC online together.

Read that zombies won't be a thing in this game and I am happy because far to many games have zombies in them now, I know they are the present addiction but its good to find a game that doesn't look at zombies as been important. Those who want zombies can play DayZ, MC and many other titles.