Posts by Imma

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

UGH! As a mild claustrophobic couldn't get past more than a few minutes of that video; those people are nuts!

Thanks for the advice Foxfire, I guess I'll just have to build walls around the cave openings so they don't offend my sense of "order" - always more than one way to skin a cat :P

Okay, I'm a few hours in and got my head around what I'm doing (had my trial run so to speak).

I'm ready to start a fresh world and really get stuck in.

But I can't decide whether or not to have caves :(

For me they're ugly death-traps (I'm a wuss, got Bears turned off lol) and I really don't like them messing up my beautiful tera-formed landscapes :P.

But I don't want to limit my options by going no caves and then later down the line be kicking myself for not having them.

I have looked at dev comments and can't figure out if they are saying, yes non-caves worlds will have just as much ore available, or not.

Anyone got this figured out and can help a newbie player with advice?

389982143520592 starts you in a very small valley but with room enough to set up your initial little base; mine has all crafting stations on a platform of stone, apple and lemon trees, and a variety of crops. Perfect for first base, protected and rich in ores to the south end.
    Leave going north brings you into a much bigger valley, with plenty of room to build a huge farm, and a short walk east takes you into Savannah.
    I have only found 2 caves so far (only a few hours into the game); one is just a chasm, the other is so full of holes to drop in I'm steering well clear for now. But I have masses more ores than I need just from the south of the little valley.