Posts by Furbal

I get the same issue on other servers as well, it's not an AR issue. Sergio just had a log to publish about it. When I asked on the server, every person on at the time gets the same error every now and again on every server they play on. Same for me. Some days it's really bad and I can't play on any server at all (and I have 6 Favorited that I go between). Fortunately, most days it's not a problem. This socket error was a major reason why I stopped playing for a long time, i got tired of being in and not being able to do anything and solo play is fun, but not nearly as fun as multiplayer.

A continuing of his printout:

Connect to 85.190.158.239:12600 - Playername: SergioTheGreate
    CLIENT: Connect to address 85.190.158.239
    NetworkClient version 0.6
    CLIENT: Connect done!
    [3, 12601, 5, 12602, 6, 12603]
    SEND ClientRegisterChannelMessage
    *************** NEW THREAD LOCAL ALLOCATION ***************
    onConnectorConnect: TCP Port: 12601
    onConnectorConnect channels.size: 2 channelCount: 0
    UDP /85.190.158.239 12600
    UDP /85.190.158.239 12601
    UDP /85.190.158.239 12602
    onConnectorConnect: TCP Port: 12602
    onConnectorConnect channels.size: 3 channelCount: 0
    onConnectorConnect: TCP Port: 12603
    onConnectorConnect channels.size: 4 channelCount: 0
    Client TCP Connect Completed
    onUdpConnectorConnect 12601
    onUdpConnectorConnect 12602
    onUdpConnectorConnect 12600
    ConnectorAdapter ID: 0 TCP 12600
    ConnectorAdapter ID: 1 UDP 12600
    ConnectorAdapter ID: 2 UDP 12601
    ConnectorAdapter ID: 3 TCP 12601
    ConnectorAdapter ID: 4 UDP 12602
    ConnectorAdapter ID: 5 TCP 12602
    ConnectorAdapter ID: 6 TCP 12603
    CONNECT TO SERVER
    Authentication name: SergioTheGreate ticket: 0b0f72bb-c7d3-4380-928a-c1a7de14c779
    RECEIVE SERVERINFOS
    LOAD CUSTOM BITMAP FONT: de/jiw/gui/resources/Fonts/
    LOAD CUSTOM BITMAP FONT: de/jiw/gui/resources/Fonts/
    disabledNPCs:
    disabledDungeons:
    disabledWaterSources:
    new remoteplayer received! BrutusGargantua id: 1
    new remoteplayer received! Norse id: 2
    new remoteplayer received! DaBoiye id: 5
    Received NPC init spawn: 1750
    Worldpart generating...
    Biomepart generating...
    Loaded Biomepart from cache: 0 - 0 (2ms)
    Loaded Worldpart (v3) from cache: 0 - 0 (175ms)
    clientGeneralListener -> Survival
    CHANGE GAMETYPE TO 'Survival'
    Change ingame screen to 'Survival'
    LoadingImage: ServerLogo.png -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWor

Hey folks,

Sergio, a friend of mine, is having a huge problem getting back into the game. He's been gone for a bit so I've had him update Java, his game client, display drivers, and his OS so he's all up to date on everything and he's still getting the following: (copied from a chat session). Any help would be greatly appreciated. He speaks Russian if anyone wants to try and find him on Steam to help. Look up Sergio as his Steam name.

5:32 PM - Sergio: ...
    Error writing to connection: /85.190.158.239:12603
    http://java.net.SocketException : Connection reset
    Error writing to connection: /85.190.158.239:12603
    Error writing to connection: /85.190.158.239:12603at http://java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at http://java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at http://java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at de.jiw.network.connector.tcp.TcpConnector.read(TcpConnector.java:170)
    Error writing to connection: /85.190.158.239:12603at de.jiw.network.connector.ConnectorReadThread.run(ConnectorReadThread.java:67)

CLOSE

As for playing offline, I've not tried it with Rising World since I play on a multiplayer server, but for the other games I play, you have to set steam up before hand while you are online for that game to be enabled to play offline. It's a steam authentication thing, not a game thing. Playing a single player game in RW should be the same thing... login while connected, then set the game to play in offline mode. I have all my Strongholds set up that way.

I've recently had a windows update that i've rolled back but I still can't get the game to launch even after uninstalling and reinstalling. here's the debug log file:

Rising World - 0.8.2 (Steam)
    2017/04/22 05:45 PM

Windows 10 (x64) 10.0 Java: 1.8.0_111 amd64 0.8.2_33 -H:4096 -D:3072 (Steam)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, Z97X-UD3H-CF, 32530 MB (4225 MB Heap)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 20170331000000.000000-000 22.21.13.8165
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 20160929000000.000000-000 20.19.15.4531

JVM Arguments:
    -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
    -XX:+UseParNewGC
    -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=3072m
    -Xmx4096m
    -DMemDirect=3072
    -DMemHeap=4096

Initialize HIVE...
    HIVE is initialized
    Start game...
    Start context...

And then I get the message that the .exe has stopped working. any ideas on what I can do to try and fix it?

I know it can be done and YahGiggle's even told me before how to do it but it's been too long and I'm not a programmer so in my jumbled attempt to explain to Jon_Miner how to restrict blueprint usage to someone's area protection only, I've failed to make it understandable. Do any of you programmers out there have a few minutes to explain in this thread or point to the thread that does explain how to do such a thing in a way that this non-programmer wannabe can understand and implement please?

:) Thank you to all you wonderful people that add to this wonderful game. None of you (including Red!) ever get enough appreciation from the rest of us that couldn't live without your work.

A couple of suggestions:

Change "/fill with" to just "/fill", it's much cleaner and more intuitive. Add a command for clearing like "/clear" with the variables "block, veg, all, ter" where Block = all blocks of any kind, veg = all vegetation, all = everything, ter= terrain items like dirt, stone, water, etc. The idea of /fill with 0 works but isn't nearly as intuitive and it doesn't give you the ability to get rid of the vegetation by itself.

Also, I'd have the selection deselect itself after successfully doing a command such as place or clear or whatever.

Other than those couple of things, i like it and it works well.

I'm fairly certain this is a known issue but I'm not very good at searching the various forums to find it so I figured I'd put it here again. I have a completely underground farm setup but the lighting on it is a nightmare. I can flood the place both inside and outside the actual structure and still get either dark plants during the day or, when I trim it down to lights that "should" be more than enough, i get black shadows across various areas. It is like the light from one side of a solid block bleeds through and radiates out the other side and it's a toss of a coin if it's the dark or light that's going to bleed. Shouldn't solid opaque blocks NOT convey light? I'm building over on Yahgiggle's server Rising Cities if you'd like to come visit the build and see first hand what I'm talking about. I'll see if I can get a screen shot attached.

So they attached. A quick description for each to point out what I was trying to show with it:

Daylight1: Note the dark plants and the dark lines on the ceiling as well as the black shadow on the stonework despite the lights that are hanging right there.

Daylight2: The backside of that shadowed stone still during daylight.

Daylight3: The shadows in the corner wall despite there being 2 lamps directly beside the black area. I know from experience that if I were to place a light on the other side of the side wall there that it would go away.

Daylight4: Take note of the line on the ceiling. If I were to fly up into the stone above, remember this is underground completely, I could place a light on the top of that reinforced concrete and the shadow line would go away.

Night1: Note the plants are now lit up but there are still shadow lines in the ceiling that shouldn't be there.

Night2: Note the corner stone shadows again, even at night.

Please feel free to have either Yahgiggle or myself add you to the area so you can play with the various lights in creative mode and see exactly what I'm talking about if you need to. I'm not a programmer so I have no clue how you do any of this and I'm thankful that you do it at all. If I can be of assistance in helping fix the physics of the lights, please let me know anything I can do.

"best to not use flymode when using this plugin, unless you want dirt or water in the sky oO"

is there a way to simply check the status of fly or walk modes and auto turn off anytime fly mode is enabled?

So I love the detail i'm seeing so far but from a user perspective I'm seeing it being much MUCH more difficult to use. Especially with the special blocks like stairs and ramps which are the two most common that I would place with this (think roofing). Is there a way to make the syntax simpler like "/place <block type> <id> <direction> <position>" so something like: "/place ramp 133 north flipped"? The idea being that the words N, S, E, W would get the corresponding graphic and then the position would be by default normal or use the arguments sideways and flipped?

I would think words would be a bit easier than a different number for each facing for each type of block... but I don't know programming either so it may not be reasonable either.

There are some stacked barrels with taps in this blueorintsection, some months ago.

Yes there are! and I think that's the specific thread that someone else mentioned to use a BP to turn them. Unfortunately for me, I didn't see that first. This has actually been a known trick for a long time apparently. I just made this new thread to make it easier for people to find it. Thanks for the reminder though.

For all those out there like me that struggled to figure out how to turn barrels on their sides the answer is impossibly easy... which is why it took me so long to figure it out:

Make a blueprint of a barrel. Use another blueprint to place the barrel and it becomes rotatable to almost any angle because blueprints of blocks can be rotated. You can even rotate a row of multiple barrels. I'll attach a single and a row of 4 barrels turned on their sides for anyone that wants them.