Posts by Karidwen

I am posting this in hope that it might help someone!

The problem was - I have a Dell insiprion laptop, i have it for 2 years but dell has not updated the specific drivers since 2013, some are even older.
    Old drivers cause problems with newer games, rising world was no exception.

My system specs are:
    Inspiron 15R SE 7520 laptop
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (cores: 4)
    RAM: 8068 MBGPU:
    Graphics API: Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx64.dll 8.17.10.1119] (shader level 3.0)

Video cards:
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (2085 MB)

AMD Radeon HD 7730M 2Gb

THE SOLUTION:

What i did (only the steps that turned out to work in the end)
    1. Downloaded the latest Intel driver for my laptop (The exe file), it depends also on processor, mine is an i5
    win64_153336 Link to the specific driver here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.c…or-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit

2. Downloaded the latest (it was not in the recommended list but it works for me) AMD driver that is compatible with my system.
    Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Hotfix - Link here -> http://support.amd.com/en-us/d…desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

3. Downloaded latest at this moment (16.0.0.1) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
    Link here -> http://www.guru3d.com/files-de…uninstaller-download.html

4. Turned OFF the internet. (My laptop has a key combo for blocking wifi Fn+F2)

5. Uninstalled AMD stuff from Control panel -> Uninstall a program -> AMD install manager (Do not restart the computer yet!)

6. Uninstalled Intel video drivers through Right click on my computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Right click on Both of them (just in case) and select uninstall.

7. Restart computer in SAFE MODE (It is done by hitting F8 while restarting and then selecting to run in Safe Mode)

8. Run the Display Driver Uninstaller to remove everything from the old AMD stuff that might be left on computer.

9. Restart the computer in normal mode.

10. Install the Intel drivers first! (My laptops screen actually went black during this, i left it for about 10 minutes, but it didn't go back to normal, so i shut it down with the power button, then started it again and the intel drivers had installed correctly.)

11. Reboot.

12. Install the AMD drivers (Can easily uncheck the gaming evolved app and something about drag and drop for some additional monitor thingie, for me its annoying XD)

13. Reboot.

14. Right click on your screen, select AMD Radeon settings.

15. Go to Preferences ->Radeon Additional settings -> Switchable graphics Application Settings Apply All changes!

16. Click on Add Application , find your Game folder, or in my case Steam folder where Raising world stuff is (For me the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld )

17. Add it and change the setting to High Performance

18. Find the Java.exe in the rising world folder and also set it to High performance (My path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\java\bin )

19. Go to Power play tab and make sure it has Maximize performance selected on at least plugged in, i set it for both, when on batter and when plugged in.

20. Go to Switchable graphics global settings tab, also set the plan to Maximize performance, laptop also is on High performance power plan, and uncheck the Allow additional power savings.

Pictures for finding the Power play options below, because no one ever mentioned this path in all the threads i read about this issue all over the internet, and i really found the option by accident <_<

My games now run on the AMD radeon card and all is well :)

What i learned:
    Dont buy computers with 2 cards XD And dont game on laptops XD

Sorry Karidwen, i had to rebuild the new World niceWATERworld. Now the World wont Change again
    I am so sorry :-(

It's alright :) I already started playing on the Water world :) I am looking forward to playing with other people around. Am traveling to find a decent sized lake, but all i find is those meteorite like small ponds :D They are literary everywhere! :D

Hey guys, i have been playing on the server for a few days now. The map is nice, i found a great spot between two medium sized lakes, but the thing is, i played for about 6 hours on Saturday, and today when i logged in all my progress was lost, i was thrown back (and the world around me) to what i had done/made when i first joined... so is this a server issue or the game is buggy or what?

Ok, so i tested the option to install original Dell drivers (that are outdated for openGL) switched the graphics to make it use the AMD card, installed the Crimson edition hotfix, (after update of drivers i loose the tab for switchable graphics, no idea where or how to acess it unless with old drivers, but it definitely saves my choice for which card to use after the update)
    Ran the game and now i do not get any warnings, also it seems to work fine.

This will be very painful but until i get a new computer, or figure out how to make games use AMD card without having to unistall drivers, install old ones, then upgrade to new ones for every single game... i've got no choice :(

Ok, so i have tested a few things and this is what i have found out so far.

Installed the NEW crimson hotfix something.
    The game shows previous error, that no openGL card or drivers present.
    - i had a thought on this, since the switchable graphics tab disappears once i update the AMD drivers, i believe everything starts to use the intel card, since it is primary.

Uninstalled all AMD drivers and installed the ones from dell site, those are about 4 years old, but they got the panel for switchable graphics. Rand the game, it hang up on start. Changed the game to use the AMD card in settings ->
    - The game runs but only for about 10 minutes then crashes with a popup window that tells me the vid driver caused the crash.

Will now try to install the crimson hotfix and see if it remembers to use the AMD card... if this is the case i will need to do the routine with uninstalling drivers, installing old ones, changing graphics and then installing hotfix, for every other game that needs the AMD card... Raising world isn't the only game i play ... :|

One thing is clear, i will never ever in my life buy a pc or laptop that has 2 video cards <_< i didn't even know i had 2 until recently started having trouble with some games.

OK, so i have re downloaded the AMD graphics drivers and got it to work. Now i can confirm that my drivers are up to date and everything was working fine with the version i have now until the update. I keep getting the previously mentioned error and the game wont launch.

Yeah, but something is wrong with the video drivers as well. I cannot access AMD settings or anything anymore, it says i have no driver, and i haven't changed anything, not sure it has to do with games update, seems the drivers updated and something got messed up, and now i am messed up because i don't understand this driver stuff ><

So, i cant even get to try out the game, it shows this error:
    https://snag.gy/GqwPYh.jpg

System same as before:
    RAM: 8068 MB
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (2085 MB)
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7730M 2Gb

Apparently AMD drivers have updated yesterday and something else is messed up on my pc, it keeps showing another error not connected to launching the game.
    Am trying to get and install an older version of the crimson driver ><

Most likely a test build that we don't have access to. Developers do that all the time to give a limited group access to a new build to test and work out bugs before releasing to the general public.

Yes, but that means the update is clooose :3

Hue hue hue :D Since i only recently started to play rising world, and heard about the update, i will be starting a new map :3 *and flooding the forums with screenshots of new scenery? XD lol

Yes.. the ingot smelting is so realistic down to the detail of picking them up with your bare hands ;-p

ha, would you rather wait another day or so, to pick them up? :) also the game is in development, maybe they will add tongs, like wooden ones for beginning :)

So after a few more searches, i found the AMD driver from a different site, installed it, played the game.
    I've done 3 sessions, one was over 2 hours and two more around 30 minutes and 2 more hours, so far the game has not crashed again! :)

*Goes to look for an OMG section in forums to publicly drool about ingot smelting being so realistic and different types of wood XD

I cannot install anything for the intel card, i tried, it said something about not compatible, get the latest drivers from manufacturer (i assume dell in this case, which do not have any new drivers)

For some unknown reason, after posting the previous post, i tried to play again and this time played with no crashes...

And nothing happens when i click download from the supplied link for amd drivers XD
    I tried a search for the file in google, tried going there from different browser (am using chrome and tried IE) and nothing.
    Maybe i am just cursed...

Will report back how to playing/crashing goes once i get back to the game tomorrow.

Edit: I got the AMD update file from a different site than amd, will report back once i test it, still no idea why the game did not crash the last time i played. I mean, it is good that it didn't crash, but that does not help understand what was wrong.

Hi!
    The problem:
    After installing the game for the first time, i played for about an hour with no problems, then decided to try to join a multiplayer game, could not connect to any servers of my liking due to them being password protected. Went back to singleplayer game, created a new one without caves, started game, game crashed in about 1-2 minuted with no apparent reason.

This is the error log:
    http://pastebin.com/QvyCB0K3

This is the report file:
    http://pastebin.com/JE3SRXWF

Debug console:
    http://pastebin.com/N7yEqMNT

(strangely enough, while i ran the game and kept alt-tabbing the game down to get as much from the console as i can, i managed to play for some 20 minutes before it crashed.

My system:
    RAM: 8068 MB
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (2085 MB)
    Graphics API: Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx64.dll 8.17.10.1119] (shader level 3.0)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7730M 2Gb

What i have done so far:
    # Tried playing the first game i created.
    # Tried reinstalling the game, with deleting local files.
    # Tried restarting pc.
    # I have checked for graphics driver updates, but it seems i can only run the manifacturers ones, which are pretty old.
    # Triple checked that the game and java is set to use the AMD card (yes i know i got 2 vid cards) ingame setting window is showing that it is using the AMD one (i assume https://snag.gy/qW2ZyO.jpg )
    # Tried making a new game with caves, still crashes with 1-2 minute intervals.
    # googled for solutions and searched the forums, did read the troubleshooting, didnt find a solution. if my gpu is unusable for this game, how come it ran for an hour before,
    also i can play games like 7 days to die with no problem.
    # turned graphics to normal (the hour i played they were at high and all the other options were checked as by default)
    # unchecked all the graphics option boxes (as seen in the picture above)
    # Ran the game in non full screen mode

What i have noticed out of place - right after the crash in steam library list, it has a % progress bar and says syncing, it is only for a moment, but that shows right after every crash.

On side note, i really enjoyed the time i had to play this and i think the game has a huge potential, and i really hope the crashes can be resolved :)