Posts by Zaphieus

I think it would be really cool if you could drop a Torch and have it still give off light(and have physics as when normally dropped). You could then drop them down dark shafts to gauge how deep they go.

They could stay lit for 5 minutes, then go out.

They would have to eventually despawn if not picked up again, so as to prevent them slowly accumulating in the world.

Thoughts? :)

A short range prospecting system would be nice. You could check behind cave walls for ores. :)

On the subject of Monsters, it does feel like zombies are the 'go-to' monster. I would like a few more fantasy creatures (goblins, ogres, Minotaur, Dune worms?) along with more normal dangers like bears, etc. :)

Maybe have world generation options for spawn rates, so you could decide what would spawn, and at what rate, in the world. (Ores and Monsters?)

-Dog size spiders: When they walk their legs would connect with walls and floors. I think that would be so cool/terrifying.
    There could be 'nests' in forests or caves that would have sticky webs to catch you, and lots of little spiders.

-Some sort of stalking goblin/Gollum cave creature (half your size?) that would be very stealthy, and would be attracted to lights underground: stalks you in the dark.

-Monstrous worms (3x your size?) that would live deep down in specially generated 'maze burrows' that they would patrol.

-trapdoor spiders/scorpions that would wait in caves for prey. Poison you?

Just my wishful thinking. I've been mining a lot, and look forward to having some dangerous encounters down in the depths.

Thanks again for all the hard work put into this beautiful game. I never thought I'd love a stone texture, but it really feels like i'm underground. Very claustrophobic. Well done. :)

I agree. Maybe it's years of playing Minecraft, but my brain just can't handle the current scroll directions. An option to invert it would be hugely appreciated. :)

I really like the idea of pumps and tubes. They would be a good counter for the water always running to the lowest place it can find.

Also, shiny things to find underground would/will be sweeeeet.

No problem. Pardon the pun, but we'll survive.
    I'm sure you have a notebook full of ideas- both yours and ours.
    We appreciate your hard work (and we're gonna talk it up, right guys?)

Merry Christmas!

I second this! Thanks for the amazing creation!

Is it planned to be able to refill/plug/cover holes we've dug?
    Example: You accidentally break through to the surface while digging a secret base. You could cover the hole with a plank or block, but that might be too obvious.
    Instead, while holding dirt/stone hold right click to replace the material against a natural surface? Adding a small bump to the wall?

This is probably way more complicated than I think... just a thought! :)

I never even thought about being able to control/predict the direction they fall...
    I think it could add a nice little quirk to the game that you had to watch for tree lean, terrain slope, wind, or maybe just where you started cutting.

I say leave it as it is right now, (spawn with a pick axe & an axe) and fine by me! Otherwise is like playing Arma & completely lose everything each time you die....
    Specially annoying if ya get jumped by a random player who kills you just because he wanted to try it, but a brain fart makes him forget that you just
    made the whole inventory of the dead guy disappear by him dying....

I see your point. Maybe there could be an option on world creation/in settings to chose "drop inventory on death/drop tools on death/ drop nothing on death"? just an idea though. :P

I've tried, but I don't seem to be hurt when I cut a tree down and it falls right on me. (Just sort of roles off me in a "opps didn't see you there, sorry" kind of way)
    I know you're all probably really busy, I just think it would be cool if it was one more thing to look out for while surviving. ;)

Getting sticks from bushes would be great. And if you could gather ferns as kindling, you could use 'stick'+'fern frond' to make 1 torch. An easy way to start out, but still encourages you to go mining for better fuel(ie: coal(?)+stick= 4 torches?) maybe?

Right now the only way to place a torch is to first place an iron wall/ground fixture. Are there plans to have fixtures made of different materials (wood: maybe only placeable on the ground)?

I ask as it seems that once iron ore/minerals are added the current fixture will be unavailable until you find iron, and mining can be very dark without placed torches.

Keep up the awesome work! :)

I do have some feedback on the tool motions:

-Would it be possible to have a tool complete a full swing when you click? I understand holding it for mining/chopping, but the sword feels kind of weird when you have to hold the button to swing it.

-The axe looks a little weird when chopping trees, as you're not really 'chopping' when it's swung.

I absolutely love this game, it's beautiful and I can't WAIT for everything you have planned!

Thanks!