Posts by lostinthewood

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

For those of us teethed on DOS but haven't kept up with all the new in-depth aspects of running our own server a game hosting service is not bad. I host one for a few friends (a 12 slot) on GTX for about $6 a month. Makes life easy to to do updates and I am trying to learn the intricacies of the permissions, but I don't have to worry about all the server stuff to maintain and protect it.

I use GTX also and it is like red51 posted. Change the name in the config file and it creates a new world. If you want the same shell keep the seed the same and you get pretty much the same world layout, only wiped clean of those pesky humans and their works.

Make sure that the server is up to date and all players have the same version. I had this problem after the hotfix but then unchecked the same version filter and saw my server had a different version from my client from steam based on the red background for it. I updated the server and all was good with the world.

No groups, still very new at this and running a server
    Default and admin exist. I am the only admin
    Default:

chatprefix: (Resident)
    chatprefixcolor: 0xB0C4DE
    chatcolor: 0xF5FFFA
    chatnamecolor: 0xFFFF00

commands:
    allow:
    - yell
    deny:
    general:
    fly: false
    pvp: true
    pve: true
    debuglight: false
    customimages:
    enabled: true
    maxupload: 15
    dimension: 512
    blueprints:
    use: true
    create: true
    creative:
    deny:

Admin
    group: Admin
    chatnamecolor: 0xFF0000
    chatprefix: (Admin)
    chatprefixcolor: 0xFF0000
    shownametag: true
    showadmintag: true
    nametagcolor: 0xFF0000
    nametagprefix: (Admin)
    nametagprefixcolor: 0xFF0000

commands:
    allow:
    deny:
    - makeadmin
    - revokeadmin
    - shutdown
    customimages:
    enabled: true
    maxupload: 100
    dimension: 512
    creative:
    allow:
    blueprints:
    use: true
    create: true

Okay found the default.permissions file on the server and it already had blueprints set to true

A different problem is that I have fly=false, but a player was able to fly

Is there anything else I should be setting?

I am running a server and am willing to let the players have blueprints. I don't see a command to allow them or not in the server config file, but the players aren't seeing a blueprint option oin the journal and I have made sure they have a blueprint folder on their machine. PS they can see their blueprints in single player.

Is this controlled in the permissions file?

Thanks for any help here

If you want to play offline with the steam version, do the following.
    1) download and install the game
    2) disconnect/turn off your wifi or internet connection to your computer
    3) if you have not already started steam, start it (it will be offline mode)
    4) Start the game
    5) Once you get to the game menu, you can reconnect/turn on wifi if you want to, but it will not connect the game to the net
    6) Will have access to the single player stand alone game
    7) Play the hell out of it :)

This is how I do it at work during lunch so I can play during my lunch break

Yeah, I can't understand all the hate on steam. Game is in alpha, and yet better than some "Finished" games I have played. Would I love monthly updates of course! But I have worked with code and building data systems, and you really need to get it right. Too often I have seen the rushed system that then needs almost a total rewrite because some component was done shoddy. I love this game.

Ah I will try upping the vertical. I bet that is where my problem is, I have it at ground level. If that doesn't work, I will send the database. Thanks again! I am new at running a server and trying to get plugins to work etc. I was reading the 1x1x3 as a flat area

Minotorius, is there anything special that is needed to do to activate them. I placed a portal, named it and set target. I did this for 2 portals, I can show them (they show blue) and they show up in the list, but they don't transport me to the settarget location. I don't think I am doing anything wrong but who

Thanks. What I did that messing around as I waited for a reply (which was very quick thank you very much) was to do the configuration setup. Gave it a new name, changed the seed and rarity of metals from 4 to 1 and saved it and that became the default world. I guess it is tied to the IP regardless of name becuase the new world replaced the old one in my favorites

Thanks again.

I know maps are tied to individual machine (Woe is me for playing on two machines :D ) But my real question is: I am doing a server on GTX hosting, if I create a blueprint folder will all players have access to it? Or are blueprints machine dependent also?
    Thanks for the help from a Newb. Love this game btw