Posts by Bearaffe

Hi!
    Long time user of the game, admin on Artisans Realm.

I have an issue with some of the hotkeys used in plank and beam building. When I use modular to snap an object, then press right control to freeze it in place, then unsnap it, then press and hold right control while using the arrow keys to change the angle, I could originally change the angle of the object from it's frozen position, relative to the object it was snapped to. That way I could go all the way around the hub and change the angle of every element on a wheel, rather than manually changing the angle of each object and placing it at the end of each object in the hub.

This technique doesn't work anymore, at least not consistently.

Firstly,
    I have had to switch the enter key to the P key because while chatting, objects would randomly enter and exit modular mode. Incidentally, the same is true for using the leveler in terraforming mode.

Second,
    rather than freezing in position and allowing me to ctrl arrow the object from that point, pressing ctrl only results in the object exiting freeze mode, and reverting back to the default position for the object. Holding rt ctrl does not allow for pressing the arrow keys. rt ctrl is only changeable from settings for one of those commands, not both, so separating the hotkey functions is not a solution I can do from my end.

Lastly, I was told that switching from the object to a tool in hand and back would fix the issue, and it seems to do so only erratically.

This issue has put all my building on hold, so I'm hoping for a fast solution from someone on the coding end of things. Thank you!

BrutusGargantua

Hi, also using mac.

My issue is the freeze mode. Once upon a time I could press enter (which is a terrible choice for a hotkey btw every time I used chat while building my object would move in or out of modular position, changed it to P key) the object would go into modular position, I could then hold or press right control and get it to freeze in that position, where it could be moved or rotated by holding the right control. This allowed for huge building projects like spheres and cylinders.

Well then I had to play on my pc for a while and when I hit right control, the object would unsnap back into its original position, making it necessary to manually change the angle and position to match its partner object. When I went back to the mac it worked again yay. Then all of a sudden it didn't.

There is no setting configuration to change the right control key to allow frozen constructions to be rotated, only frozen and unfrozen. It doesn't seem to matter whether I press or hold rctrl. If there was some way to separate those keys, or figure out why holding the key sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I have many projects on hold now until that is resolved.

Hi!

All of a sudden today, Steam has me log back in, like it was my first time, and confirm through email. That's okay, easy.

Then in game, I notice my map is telling me this is my first time here, I know it isn't

Then BAM!!!! btw all your blueprints are gone, like you never made any.

I have searched everywhere on my iMac for blueprint files but I can't find any. There is one called maps, though, does that mean I should still have all my map data?

900 hours of work gone, and it isn't because my computer broke down. Not happy camper