Posts by Lilymars

Hello,

Can anyone help or advise me please? Last night the game quit suddenly citing Steam as the culprit. When I reloaded RW, the world textures were not rendered correctly. I continued to build my little world, but today the same problem occurs. Textures etc. have always been fine until this happened.

Mac Powerbook, OSX 10.9.5, 2.5 GHz Intel core i7, 16GB memory.
    Single Player, Creative Mode
    Graphics set at: Resolution 1024 x 768,View Distance 20 chunks, Detail Distance 7 chunks, Anisotropic off. All pretty low but set for speed.

Buildings, blocks, planks, water & placed elements are rendered. It appears that only dirt, grass and rock are affected. I attach a .jpg to illustrate the issue.
    Incidentally, the game crashes quite a lot, usually after about an hour of gameplay. I think (user) Momma T uses a Mac and has similar problems. Like her, I reload and continue, but this is the first time RW has not settled.

Help!

Update:
    Logged in after a few hours - now the landscape is rendered but not storage chests or certain types of wood plank. These are all displaying the same stripey/fragmented appearance. Very strange ....

Hello Deirdre,

It's a great view isn't it? I'm still working on some landscaping.
    Other images are all my own (real) work (and what I should be doing instead of building fantasy worlds)!

I have seen your posts. You are very skilful. How do I visit your world? :P

Hello,

I offer some blueprints of studio furnishings:

An artist's professional easel
    Tabouret with paint tubes and palette
    Tall stool with back-rest

Professional easel (based on my own easel):

Easel_3_1485354159.blueprint

Tabouret with palette:

Tabouret__paint___1486319747.blueprint

Portfolio:

Portfolio___1486323298.blueprint

Tall stool:

Tall_stool_with_back___1486325946.blueprint

There is also an image of a smudged palette, for those who might like to use it:

I hope I have done this correctly!

Hello again,

Thank you!
    Problem 2) solved. Double-click ... who knew? (obviously everyone except me).
    Now I've wasted cash on a mouse ..... hmmm still can't build a row of blocks, so maybe the mouse will be useful after all.

Regards ..

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

With regard to 1. I am using the inbuilt trackpad, to left-click I tap or hold with one finger, to right-click I tap with two fingers; this cannot be done simultaneously. Let go the right-click and the block is placed, let go the left & the row reverts to a single block.

2. I know how to open the menu for the inventory in f6. The problem is the app does not respond to my choice - it keeps the first option on offer, no matter what I do. This is unlike the vegetation menu, in which I can select and keep my choice.

I have now ordered a mouse, which I hope will resolve the problem!

Hello, I have two issues which may apply to other Mac users:

1. I cannot create a row of blocks using hold left button then right-click. As soon as I try to right click the row reverts to a single block (tedious when creating a large build). Control-click throws me down through the world.
    2. F6 Placement won't allow me to select building materials. I always get the first (stone?) block, no matter which combination of keys I use. However, the vegetation selector in the Placement option works well, but is a different format from the block selector.

Initially, the + - (plus/minus) keys wouldn't work, but I resolved that by swapping them for . , (period/comma). I am using Mac Powerbook Pro OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks, with its standard keyboard.

Any advice would be welcome, I like this 'game' so much! It's great that the developer has recognised a gap in the gaming-world! In 'Rising World' the real challenge relies on the creativity of the user - the creativity of the developer is beyond words ...

I noticed that several people wanted some sort of visual reference for the available textures in Rising World. Uploaded here are 4 .jpegs which summarise the textures as seen in the placement/blocks menu. I had made .pdfs, but they were too large for the upload limit! (advice welcome ..). A fascinating and too distracting 'game' - my work piles up & my cat starves.
    Fr:
    J'ai remarqué que plusieurs personnes voulaient une sorte de référence visuelle pour les textures disponibles dans Rising World. Vous pouvez télécharger ici 4 .jpegs qui résument les textures comme vu dans le menu placement / blocs. J'avais fait .pdfs, mais ils étaient trop gros pour la limite de téléchargement! (Conseils bienvenus ..). Un jeu fascinant et trop distrayant - mon travail s'accumule et mon chat meurt de faim.