Posts by The Forgotten Miner

I am aware it is part of the road map to add transportation into the game. I just wanted to suggest a few different types.
    Sleds

Carts

Carriages

Sleds would help with moving resources but would be pulled by the player.

Carts would be just like Sleds but could be pulled by either a mount or by the player. Maybe they would have a larger inventory than the sled.

Carriages would be useful more in multiplayer

When motorized vehicles come about fuel will be needed. Cannabis oil was at one point a by-product of making paper from Cannabis. Some of the engines used today were originally designed for this oil. How about when we make paper from hemp we get some oil from it that we can use to make fuel for the motorized vehicles.

If you're inside a building, this has an impact on your temperature. However, unfortunately there is no way to "heat" a building. The only way would be to always have some sources of heat in your proximity.

Heat isn't blocked by walls, so one thing you could do is place heat sources (fires, radiators etc) under the floor or inside walls, for example (if you don't want to place them visibly in your room)

Perhaps heating a house could be possible by having the game calculate an area around a heat source. From there give each block in that area a hypo/hyperthermal value, of course since would be in three dimensions the game would calculate a volume. Preventing the heat from going through building could be done by having the game determine if an object (block, plank, beam) is within heated dimensions. Then based upon material of the obstruction a value could be subtracted from the thermal value.

Given everything else going on with the game at the moment, this would be a pain to implement where it wouldn't cause lag.

I have noticed that most animals have their skin in their inventory along with some meat. However, this is not true for all of the animals. The rabbit and penguin do not drop anything. I am not sure if this is just a bug I come across as it was said that all animals now have a hide that can be turned into leather.

How about adding some animals in the oceans/water?
    The plains do not have enough danger. How about having wolves in the game to make nights more interesting.

Right now copper ore is difficult to identify from iron ore when you find it in the world. How about making copper ore green. It is still realistic as copper ore is green. Yes I know that mithril ore is green in game but an idea could be to change it blue, or another idea is to leave the mithril ore in the dungeons as an incentive to go looking for them. Possibly another idea would be to put mithril ore deep underground ie right before hell, or even in it.