Posts by Coyggy

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Tried to change grapich settings since i keep getting fatal error reports that freeze so i cant copy them. And when saveing the new grapichsettings game crash and this message appeare

Windows 10 (x64) 10.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.9_37 -H:3072 -D:3072 (Steam)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, CM6630_CM6730_CM6830., 8174 MB (3186 MB Heap)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 20170916000000.000000-000 22.21.13.8569
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:162)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:197)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

New error after changing grapichs and running the game again

Windows 10 (x64) 10.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.9_37 -H:3072 -D:3072 (Steam)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, CM6630_CM6730_CM6830., 8174 MB (3186 MB Heap)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 20170916000000.000000-000 22.21.13.8569
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadTexture(DesktopAssetManager.java:390)
    at content.Materials.loadTexture(SourceFile:1398)
    at content.Materials.loadTexture(SourceFile:1379)
    at ai.o.a(SourceFile:190)
    at H.m.l(SourceFile:1279)
    at H.m.a(SourceFile:797)
    at H.m.a(SourceFile:710)
    at H.n.onSelectionChangeEvent(SourceFile:220)
    at de.jiw.gui.elements.ElementSet.onMouseButtonEvent(ElementSet.java:888)
    at de.jiw.gui.core.Screen.onMouseButtonEvent(Screen.java:1690)
    at com.jme3.input.InputManager.processQueue(InputManager.java:831)
    at com.jme3.input.InputManager.update(InputManager.java:907)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:299)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:197)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

As a total newcomer to this game - start of this weekend - I have to say I'm pretty stoked to hear that there's an update planned soon! I can see some have been waiting eagerly for a while for this.

What would be great is if the water system is improved. I'm having real problems trying to make a castle moat. The water ends up in big blocks and completely uneven (I've resorted to removing it for now). Seems fine for making small ponds, but if you want anything bigger it just seems too problematic.

Yeah in survival mod the water is plain and simple shitty to use. But if you use the landscaping tool for water it is really nice and easy to use the water once you get a hang of how the tools work

I believe that in past conversations we've established that a block in Rising World is 0.5m wide

If that is the case, then all characters are midgets ?( , since a grown up with a length of 150cm or lower is considered to be a midget and our characters are about 3 blocks high wich makes it 150cm ;P.

Tho i really like your sugestion for train and track messures.

Well, a start is to first implement the arrows at all in the game. Then for the future ofc would it be nice with stuff like fire arrows, and making stuff actually catch fire when you shoot them. That would add a totaly new kind of gameplay and really a really nice feature on a PVP based server since you would be able to do fire damage and maybe even totaly burn down your "enemies" houses.

But one thing at the time. Just adding regular wood arrows to start with makes it way easier in the future to add diffrent kind of arrows since one of the biggest part (programing the shooting, traveling and all that) would allready be fixed so basicly texture, damage and maybe poision/fire effect would be a small thing to change compared with implementing arrows at all.

Im more intrestead in the Guns tho. How ammo will be crafted, if it only do damage to ppl and animal, or if you actually can break glass and items with bullets aswell.

Coyggy? Someone said that you are a troll. But anyways, nice build :thumbup:

Yeah im the biggest badest Troll around LOL.

Nah but serious, some ppl cant take critisism and try do discredit ppl to make them self look better.
    Im just playing RW bcause as a old minecraft player i love this game. It have the potential to be everything that minecraft isnt haha.

A little project im working on at a friends server.

When all done there will be 3 floors inside with mazes and traps (first floor finnished atm).

A village will be added and a harbour, and the river will be extended so you got a travel able river system ready for when boats gets added.

Compairing an ALPA game like RW with a finnished game like minecraft that just adds more content is a pretty badthing to do. Ofc minecraft runs 100000 times smoother then RW does at the moment. But RW have more potential and the graphics is what makes RW stand out from other simular games. So when (if) RW ever gets to the state where it is a finnished game im sure both popularity and rep will raise alot.

Most of the ppl complaining about RW are little kids that dont understand what and ALPHA game are. And propably dont even understand the word development. They just look at pics and buys a game and gets disapointed and give bad reviews

Yeah, the cabins could hold newer recipes. And finding recipes that way would add to the "adventure" part of the game. But might ruin the game for others who are just in it for the survival building :P. But me my self like the concept.

Finding modern items/bps in a dungeon dosnt sound right. but some finding bps/books for knowledge about old building stuff would be really nice if we are taking everything 1 step further then what i stated in my post yeah :P

I was told by the one of the owners of the server im playing at to ask in the Forum for Red to make them obtainable for everyone in one way or another. I was thinking just like you that every in game item must be obtainable trough commands, so i turned to a admin/owner who directed me here.

Hey was running around in some dungeons eariler today and found some intresting traps that i tried in many diffrent ways to obtain but it didnt work. So i wonder if there is any plans on makeing them obtainable?. Otherwise i think that would be a good thing to implement, it would allow ppl on MP servers to build minigames and many other fun things.