Posts by R3DSKULL

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

@Graysilk13 cool glad to know its in the console was nothing to do with what i was talking about i was talking about a texture painting tool as i described is bog standard in ever other voxel game that i have played while they did not all exist at first it is good to see that they do and are quite possible as per Captain_cornball suggesting it was not possible you have explained that it is.

Hope to see this attached to survival as a paint brush or a texture tool as this is the suggestion forums i suggest it would be much better to have the block table only contain the blocks shapes rather than all of the paint texture options for the blocks as this is quite tedious and as stated above most other games use this feature as a basic bog standard tool in their "survival" not creative modes, i would assume in creative you full access to all blocks in a single menu what i am speaking about here is a texture tool or paint tool that in surivival that when used brings up the texture options allowing the player to select either 1 single face or all faces, size would be cool too but i think being able to paint the block and or a single face is sufficient and the norm for voxel based survival games much like W>S>A>D is the bog standard control for FPS games. Also making it a tool would be much easier than having to craft 50 different types of blocks with limited stacking space, rather than having say cobblestone block, or cement or wood or metal then using the paint tool to change its texture.

Why would you imply that survival servers are not for building i find this a bit absurd playing this game for hours and hours in survival and while adventuring building plenty so dunno about you but this game is majorly about building then diving dungeons and exploring second otherwise it is very odd how its very much like 7 days to die or emyperion set in another universe showing Red51s creative perspective while this is also in early access it sure does appear from my time playing a building,adventure survival game..... lol survival is not focused on building thats like saying minecraft was not focused on building but survival your funny.

Why would this be to hard? So far first place i saw that in a voxel world was Empyrion then they adapted it to 7 days to die, its kind of the bog standard now in most voxel games of this type to have blocks build focus on shapes. Then have a paint tool to apply textures, Most tools give the option of one face or the whole block, as a play it is far easier to change the look of things with a tool than to have to build each block the right texture and shape. I hope they figure a way out around this as for a game that building is its main drawing point, that a Texture tool is kind of a must. One of those bog standard features in Voxel block building games for today.