Posts by Hannah

I don't think Rising World is anything like Life Is Feudal, which is more like Banished. I'm pretty obsessed with this genre of games, and games like Rising World include The Forest, Subsistence, 7 days to die, Conan Exiles. Survival/crafting/open world kinda games. Actually Don't Starve might be included as well, although it has a very unique art style. (There are others but these are the ones I've played.)

Which one you like more really depends on your play style, all of these games have varying levels of danger and I think this game (Rising World) is definitely the one with the least resistance and the least amount of "Survival" elements. I also think its the least finished of all the games I've listed above. Right now I'm really enjoying 7 Days, but I play with a friend. If you're going to play alone, I'd recommend The Forest, Conan Exiles or Don't Starve because those games are pretty polished.

The #1 game I'd recommend is The Forest because it's excellent. It's very immersive, when you're in the forest you can almost feel the wind in your face and smell the grass, because the ambient sounds and lighting are just amazing. And the animation (idk if thats the right term), the way the grass and trees move, is very natural. You can play any way you want. If you don't want to deal with terrifying cannibals you can make them only come out at night, or you can eliminate them completely playing in "peaceful" mode. Or you can increase the danger and make them more difficult. If you don't have much time to play and you like this genre of games, I would be very surprised if you didn't love The Forest.

I'm not really sure where to put this, I don't think its a suggestion or a bug. The ore detector seems to be pretty hit or miss, a lot of times it sends me on a wild goose chase in search of an ore I never find. I aim it in a direction, it shows green and beeps, I drill in the exact area without moving the mouse, aim the detector again and the green light is gone. I move it around some more, it points me in a different direction. Seems like it really needs some work.