Posts by dbatt

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

The fundamental belief that survival is teamwork is false, survival is surviving on your own and if you have help thats great but you trust no one and you look out for yourself you do not rely on others.

This being said I am not looking for a machine gun, it seems appropriate to possibly have a Cannon which could kill monsters and they were also around in 1260 which is at a very primitive time, if we have electricity i think we can have basic weapons, but i agree a tech tree might be a good idea same thing for all progression you can live at a basic level or you can further yourself to do more things.

Building

General - Making rounded sections to allow for cylindrical structures as part of towers or corners. Ability to make domed blocks as well
    Stairs - Ability to make a spiral staircase
    Doors - Possibly a gate system with a level and chain that raises
    Defenses - Spikes of wood or metal - hot tar cauldrons - ballistas

I know much of this others may post but I can expand on my own thoughts in here and create a full list of suggestions I feel on my experience. Also many posts just have a title and do not go into detail.

As far as guns go, I am not advocating PVP, but if we intend to have dungeons and monsters and hostile wild life, the last thing I would do as someone living off the land is be close to what is going to maul me.

I was thinking cannons as decorations, if seas/water are added it would be fun to make some type of boat or river fort.

Companion pet would only be if you choose to have one not a requirement so you could opt to not have one, but I do like the idea of maybe some type of companion player but not sure how useful it would be and animal mechanics probably would be easier to transpose between similar animals versus a player but thats just me.

I agree fishing would be fun however basic farming and livestock raising would be even better for me.

I am enjoying my game so far however not a big fan of F2 or having items in the craft menu that require 0 resources however I know the limited development makes some of it necessary.

Would be nice to see the following

Building
    Pillars - Pillars with grooving or possible curves aside from solid cylinders.

Misc - Fences - multiple types wood and metal.
    Gates - Wooden Gates, Metal Gates, mutliple sizes of these gates would be good so maybe one could be a house entrance.
    Bridge Building - Ability to build a suspended bridge by look not by physics
    Green House - Ability to build a greenhouse style structure
    Jewlery - Once there is an armor/customization/clothing system it would be cool to have jewlery as well
    Tools - Panning/Seives,
    Lighitng - More torch options and lighting options
    Weapons - Cannons/Gunpowder/

Gameplay
    Animals - Have a companion animal that stays near you unless you tell it to stay and protects you if things are hostile that are near you, you could interact act and tell it to remain at home or bring it with you to hunt
    - Gameplay for skinning and harvesting which I believe is in the works.

Farming - Chance to farm different fruits or vegetables and possibly have biome impacts and require sunlight and possibly water to grow
    Mining - Gems and various ores for materials and jewlery

Lockable doors/Chests - To keep those nastys out!!!

I will edit to add more later!

I think wine making would not be controversial I mean it has been something done for quite some time and I enjoy wine with various meals, i would not add any effects due to drinking the wine though that would be controversial.