Posts by Daretmavi

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)

Unfortunately you can't change the default admin permissions :/ The "admin.permissions" is basically just an example permission if someone wants to create a group called "admin", but it's not related to the actual admin permission... it's a indeed a bit confusing, maybe we change that for the new version.

Thanx anyway, I got it working with dedicated server and link to the word db, so the world is playable as single player as well as on server.

It is a pitty, that the java version is not updated anymore.

The game could read the world settings by opening Lan game and create accordingly permisions files (Admin and player) and then automaticaly set them to connected users.

Ghost blueprint, but no automatic building in survival. You can see ghost blocks, but you have to build it manually.

In Creative it would build automatically.

Does that mean you've applied the command to yourself? Unfortunately this needs to be set indeed everytime you load the game, because the game always applies full admin permissions to the host :/

But for other players, it should work automatically :)

It there a way how to change the default admin permission?

The file admin.permissions is ignored.

I tried it for myself and it works, but I have to run the command every time I open the game for lan/friends.

IIRC you can use permissions in a LAN/P2P game in the Java version (just set up a permission folder in your game directory, similar to setting up permissions for a dedicated server) :thinking:

I think that works, but I haven't tested it in a long time unfortunately :/ It's a bit tricky and quite cumbersome... this topic contains more information about it: Permission system [Java Version]

I could prepare a permission file for you, just tell me which settings you want to be active :) But as mentioned, I'm not 100% sure if permissions really work in P2P games in the Java version :silenced:

This was the first think I tried, but it doesn't seems to work. Maybe wrong directory?

I tried those permissions in steamapps/common/RisingWorld/ directory:

permissions.zip

If you host the game you could make your friend admin.

Makeadmin (name)

Yes, I know, but this is not the solution I'm looking for.

The think is so. My son is playing the game on kids setting (keep inventory, no hunger, ...) and he wanted me to join his local game.

But "Play with friends" as well as "Open for lan" messes all the settings.

I bought him separated license so we can play together, but this is a bit of disappointing.

I created dedicated server, but ... it is not that straightforward and seems to me like unnecessary complication.

Anyone without technical knowledge is going to be screwed up.

Hmmm,

It is without permissions, but permissions are aplied in the diffrent way as the local game was defined.

And I can't change those permissions?

It is even more weird. The original player who hosted this game got fly and lost keep Inventory and I as the second player have no fly but I got keep inventory. Really strange.

Hi,

how can I change the permission in MP game run through "Play with friends", or "Open to LAN"?

As I run it, the permissions are changed (e.g. Keep Inventory).

Where should I give the permission file? Or how to do it.

All I found is how to create the dedicated server with steamcmd. I tried to install it, but it doesn't looks like it is connected to "Play with friends", or "Open to LAN" server function. I'm not sure, maybe I miss something, it is a little bit confusing. :verysad:

Danke,

Wenn ich also hier ein neues Konto erstellen, dann kann ich die Standalone für das Konto kaufen und gleich auch mit dem Konto weiter schenken.

Ich frage much nur, wenn es so wenige Verkäufe gibt, wird überhaupt die Standalone Version weiter unterstützt?

Halo red51,

ich wollte das Spiel (Standalone) wie ein Geschenk kaufen. Ich sehe aber in den Einkaufswagen keine das wie ein Geschenk zu definieren.

Wie funktioniert das mit den Anmelden, oder ist es ganz DRM frei?

Ich könnte das mit Steam kaufen, aber Standalone kommt mir als eine bessere Wahl, oder?

Did you manage to run the new version on that laptop before? Or was it the first time you run the new version? Do you maybe have another machine where you can play the game on?

Yes, it was the first time on that laptop.

Kind of I expected problems, quadro is not exactly gaming card and is supported only with legacy drivers. Unfortunately there are no usable open source drivers for nvidia.

On my PC with RX580 everything works fine 🙂

But I'm afraid this could be a driver issue :| Unfortunately the Quadro K1100m does not meet the minimum requirements of the game, so even if this issue could be solved, I'm afraid the game would still be unplayable :(

This is, what I was afraid of. Java version runs still great and my son loves it anyway.

I tried the new version on my old notebook with quadro k1100m graphic card. It has only 2 GB VRAM, running on Linux with nvidia 470 driver.

I can see menu, I can see Gui in game, but the world itself is not rendered, it is all white.

Is it the issue with unity and vram, or?

What can I try to make it work?

I'm not sure that Java version have support for translations, all existing ones were made as patches, while Unity version has JSON translations.

I found it, the translation is pretty easy to do, by changing file in .../data/risingworld-core.jar/risingworld-core/bundles/, but there is a problem with unicode characters. Not all can be correctly displayed.

Unfortunately it is not going to change anymore.

This is definitely a bug, but unfortunately I'm not sure what's causing this exactly... we will try to fix this, but I'm not sure if the fix will make it into the next hotfix...

The same here.

I'm on Linux (Distro: KDE neon 20.04 5.26, AMD Radeon RX 580, Mesa 21.2.6)

World is attached: Test.7z

I'm not sure that Java version have support for translations, all existing ones were made as patches, while Unity version has JSON translations.

Java version will be not developed anymore, it will become legacy version when Unity will be finished, so there is no reason to introduce large code changes made specially for translations and provide these translations for it. All development should be focused on Unity as it will completely replace Java during, probably, half of a year.

Oh, understand. I thought java uses json as well.

Then Unity only.

Thanks a lot for offering your help, we really appreciate that! :) It's definitely our intention to add support for more languages in the future. However, it's a bit problematic to do that while the game is still under active development... the problem is that the language files change with every update, but if we have to maintain support for languages other than German or English (which we can localize ourselves), that would further slow down development... for this reason, we only want to add more languages once the game is out of early access (or at least in late beta state).

Having said that, we definitely want to encourage community translations. For this reason, the language files of the new version are easily accessible. They're located in the game folder under "/Data/StreamingAssets/Languages". You can either modify the existing files with a text editor or create a new one (e.g. "fr.json" for French). Internally we're working with BabelEdit to handle translation, which makes it a bit easier to modify the files or add new languages based on the existing .json files.

Maybe you could try service like crowdwin (https://crowdin.com/).

E.g. Vintagestory uses it to get community translation (https://crowdin.com/project/vintage-story-game). It should be as easy as upload en.json and translators will translate it. Then with every release you just sync the translation files. (I know it is simplified and it need a little bit more time, especially at the beginning, but then ... :party:)

Waiting to get out of EA is not the best idea, it can take years and what then?

Translating all string take a long time, people are doing it for free in they spare time. If you start with it in EA, translations will slowly adapt and at the time of release you will have lot of translations available.

You can set limits, if the translation is 60% done, it will be implemented in the game. Add some warning in the GUI, that this is community translation and add link.

You can start with JAVA version of the game.

It is probably not developed heavily anymore, but it is still a good game and the only option till unity version is ready. Translation for it would be great.