Posts by Kyo

Hello all,

While waiting quietly for the upcoming updates, I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2023.

red51 take the opportunity to enjoy and rest and come back in shape for a great 2023 ^^

All the best,

Kyo

Hello red51,

I presume you are busy with the next NPC Update, and you got all my support :thumbup:

I'm so enthusiastic :)

Can I ask for, maybe getting some kind of teasing (like few animal pics or a very short anim. footage?) ( even maybe some piece of claws crab ?! :wow: ).

Just to get some mouth-watering... :drooling:^^ *waituntil*

Danke schön und behalte die gute arbeit bei :):thumbup:

Oh yes, I know this part, but my purpose was more related to a developed cooking... creating some meals with a mix of various ingredients, that, depending on how deep you go or sophisticated meals you create, then different "levels" of rewards you get with different buffs or malus etc...

For example you can have +50% damage resistance for 5 mins if you prepare some specific mix ingredients cooking... and for example if you want to extend the resistance damage more than 5mins for 15mins,then, you have to add another specific ingredient to your meal or make another kind of meal, etc.. ;):)

One thing about food and coocking.

I'm pretty sure it's in your to do list ^^ but it will be realy cool if we can have some kind of "buffs/effects" depending on type of food instead of having potions...

It would be really nice for example, when I eat a raw chicken I can get some king of vomiting or poisonng (which it will decrease my health or something), but if I eat a coocked chicken it just will rise my hunger (why not a bit of health) but if I coock some dish, like for example chicken with chili or wtv... I get for example my stamina consumption reduces by 30% or my speed walk or sprint increased by x% , my damage resistance increased... etc etc...

But some kind of rewarding for your effort put on coocking or on your creativity (instead of having potions; don't know if it was in your plans), will be greatly amazing !! *_* :thumbup:

when you unequip a tool (or e.g having nothing on your hands), it should toggle your fists and you should be able to punch...

for now it's ok, but when you will have durability on your tools/weapons and you will be fighting with bandits or fauna (or whatever purpose) and your weapon breaks, you should be able to defend yourself without weapon/tool... ;)

One million blocks isn't infinite. This is the maximum size you can choose in Vintage Story.

:thumbup:

Indeed, having North/South etc... arranged biomes, would not fit in a procedural generate world, just because it's infinite

not to mention the pain that could be to travel millions of chucks to get resources located in snowy area than get resources located in dry area...

The mix between biomes fits very well IMO despites the fact that is needed...

You should definitively include farming mechanics, not only growing vegetables but also raising animals.

if I'm not mistaken, it's planned :thumbup:

Well done, tank you,

Checked out the followings:

• [Change] When crafting a block, the current screen now stays active (no longer getting kicked out to previous screen) :thumbup:
    • [Change] Add option to open folder path of a world (rightclick on world in singleplayer menu) :thumbup:
    • [Change] Add option to create a backup of a world (in .backup folder in Worlds dir, rightclick on world in singleplayer menu) :thumbup:
    • [Change] Add option to rename a world retroactively (rightclick on world in singleplayer menu) :thumbup:
    • [Change] After unequipping an item (key H), you can re-equip it now by pressing H again :thumbup:
    • [Bugfix] Fixed furnaces sometimes being on even though they're actually turned off :thumbup:

Sorry but for this, didn't found any menu under creative F5 :thinking:

Check :thumbup:

• [New] Add terrain material selection menu for creative mode terrain tools (F5) :thumbup:

And

• [Change] Reduced brightness of torch in deep underground areas (below 0)

Here is for the torch (much better now) :thumbup: :

Hello red51,

Don't know if anyone already reports it or not but if it's the case sorry, I don't see it anywhere.

There's i little bug which is only visual with the big furnace only (not with the 2 others)...

If your big furnace is turned off and you unload the chunks (going far away) and you come back it will be burning. But, this is only visual and don't consume fuel or smelt ores...

You have just to turn it on/off again and it's alright again ^^

Yeah, I tried it with a peckaxe as well, but as I said the gap still the same (too big)... and the smooth angle still the same... you can try to smooth it here and there to don't turn it too obvious/visible, but meh... still not great thing...

Don't pay too much attention to those guys that are not respectful, they don't deserves your attention then ;)

Not sure about pirates to this game though... (that will not fits very well IMO, that will make me think of something more "vikingish" game"...), but maybe some underwater immerse wrecks... why not ^^

red51 also sea life : vegetation, corals and dolphins wales etc... I know it's planned, because I see in creative all the sea vegetation and corals, and in Java they were also sharks... so I have no worries about Sea Improvements hehee :thumbup:

Also forgot to tell you about Character Edit, but I know it's planned as well ;) but please try to add the possibility to edit not only the face but also the entire body ^^

Cheers peeps

Hehe, thank you very much for your kind words and your feedback! :) :thumbup:

No worries, it's a pleasure :)

Hmm... DEL is indeed the correct key for the creative mode removal tools :thinking: Did it happen with trees, or with smaller plants (flowers etc)? When it comes to trees, make sure the roots are covered (or at least the tree stump).

Just retried and now that works... lol don't know... anyway, it's ok, Thank you ^^

It's indeed our intention to add more options to determine the total amount of mountains that should spawn in the world, and also to determine how flat it should be in general ^^ But unfortunately we have no ETA for that yet...

Sounds good, super :thumbup:

Yeah, unfortunately the smoothing tool still works like in the Java version :/ The new version is capable of generating smoother terrain, but unfortunately you can't recreate it with the smoothing tools yet... but this is on our to-do list :)

Glad to hear then :wow:

Hehe, wolfs were indeed planned for the Java version back then, but they never made it into the game unfortunately... but it's our intention to add them to the new version ;)

Crocodiles are also planned :D

oooh that would be fantastic!!! Nice! :thumbup: Thank you, and they will come with the "nearest" NPC update that arrives?! :thinking::drooling: ^^

Bandit camps are on our to-do list :) The idea was that new bandits will keep spawning there over time (if bandit population in that area gets too low) unless you wipe out the camp ^^

Nice, so good then "bandit camps" :wow: make them with different skills to have different approches when wiping the camp.... that will challange players and break a kind of "repetition" methode to get it done ^^ :thumbup:

Anyway, Vielen Danke, for your prompt response

All the best ;)

Cheers

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to gratefully thank you red51 and all the team, for this amazing game.

Don't know if you're conscious how great it is, but hey, have to say it again ^^ :thumbup:

Even I heard some guys saying this is a minecraft 4.0... hahaa, but yes this is definitively the best survival/building/"bac à sable" game ever made in the world... you have to be proud of it :)

And it's just the beginning, can imagine all the stuff finish with all the biomes, all the animals, all the caves, all the mechanics, vehicles, etc... that will be very very amazing you know

So congrats to you and all the team to made it happen and bring all the missing parts to the goal.

I would like to underline here 3 steps that I would like to communicate.

1) The good points of the game

2) The "bad" points of the game

and

3) The expectations/suggestions/unavoidable must have ^^

1)

-One of the most important and great in your game, is that there are no f**ing zombies... Oh men, you don't even know how good it is to have a survival game noways, which is not a "zombinoïde" annoying game !! This is too good, this makes you breathe and breathe again... so fresh!! Thank you for that (and hope it's not intended to bring them to the game hahaa)

This, combined to the fact that you have bandits instead... that turn it more realistic, "natural", breathable, etc... lol

-Also the fact that you have all of this with very beautiful graphics with Unity engine and voxelled... so so good :thumbup:

-I tested a bit you creative mod and creative/molding tools... hooo... this is insane o_O... very very good too.

I take this opportunity to ask you, that when I select the tool to delete vegetation, all works fine selection, etc... but when I hit the button to delete the selected area... that just don't work, that does nothing... if I'm not wrong the right key is "delete" keyboard input?

Well let's talk about "bad" points now

2)

- Nothing... hahaa :D

-No, more seriously, for me, there near nothing to point here... maybe just 2 little things

-Maybe in future adjustment terrain generation, have something more smooth/flat to construct and hills not that so abrupt/verticalish... the height is ok, with all the snow etc... but sometimes you have that impression that the hill in front of you is like a wall... too much vertical sometimes

-and the second one, is the fact that when you smooth the terrain (in survival as well as in creative) you have not the possibility to do a small angle between the current smooth level and the next smooth level, that does like a little "stair" between both, that would be great if you have the possibility to choose/configure your smooth terrain level, to make it more linear (without this kind of terrain stairs...)

That's it ^^

Now the "expectations/suggestions/unavoidable must have" :)

3)

-starting with the notion of having a "realistic/natural" game... if I'm not wrong, I think in all the animals that you have implemented in Java edition, you don't have implemented wolfs... (don't know if they were planned though) but man, wolfs are a "must have", I imagine in this new generation world, when I walk through this "mixed" forest (not the "spruce forest", this one is lovely for bears... ^^) I cannot stop about seeing wolfs sniffing me lurking behind me etc... that would be very very amazing and scaring... this terrain smells too much their hunting-ground :thumbup:

-staying in this realistic view... I see in Java edition you have implemented some kind of demolished home 'structures' it is very good and hope can see it here as well, but this combined with bandits walking around (want them to travel the world just like as they did before), that would be very very cool if you can implement some kind of bandit camps... just like you are walking around, finding ores, wood, etc... and then... "kaboom"... you face a camp with this guys that defend it, and of course you can just skip them, but, maybe also implementing some reward stuff (very rare or difficult stuff to craft, even maybe some stuff that you cannot craft and only obtain in cleanning up camps, that could make an interesting challenge though) to catch in, if you overcome them. And an interesting part would be if some of them have their individual skills... like one would have a bow, another one a knife, another one even maybe a fire gun, another one heavily armored, etc etc... that could brings a bit of challenge and you will never attack a camp on the same way... every time would be a different approach depending on how much they are, how type of skilled bandits are in etc...

-And last one right quick, as well as wolfs, would be to have crocodiles... I thought I heard that the swamp biome was planned to Java version, hope (but, probably sur it will) this one will come to Unity also, and have crocos here, is a "must have" too... ;)

Ok, sorry for this wall of text, but, yeah... I had too tell you how good your game is, and some points of my perspective :thumbup:

Hope you will have a great success (no doubts on it), for sure, more you will update it and bring the missing parts and fine-tune it more people would come... And one day, this game will be played by millions of persons ( mark my words ;) :thumbup: )

PS: When can we (approximately), play with NPCs? <3

Waiting for the incoming updates, I wish to you all, all the best ;)

Greattings