Posts by Nacho Libre

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Hi yahgiggle, when I said player name I was referring to the field called AreaOwnerName (I updated a few to different names) -- so maybe I just used the wrong terminology since these are all under the same PlayerUID. I was looking at utilizing this for setting up different nature reserve areas (and eventually label it "nature reserve" or whatever special name I want) I'd turn terrain modification off for those protected areas when I play in single player mode. This would keep certain areas guaranteed to respawn wildlife and I suppose bandits if too if desired once they become available in the unity version. :)

if you are playing without other users joining, then yes its possible to change other areas to fake user areas, this can be done by changing the Names and UID in the database, you can use a tool called DB Browser DownLoad Here  use this tool to open the plugin's database thats in the folder in the plugins folder, then just edit some names and UIDs and click (write changes)

the table you need to edit is the Areas one, its in the drop down menu called Table

BTW this is how i test the plugin, also you will notice when reloading the game, the areas are now showing green and red areas, the green areas are yours and red ones are other players

Thanks for the above information, I did get that to work and create fake user areas. One more question, how do I in single player mode change to become one of the fake user names I set up to test out the plugin as though I was playing as them? I tried to do some searching for a command or something but didn't turn up anything. Hoping you can help again...appreciate all you do! :)

That sounds good for the cost of land plots. Is it possible to set up other "players" (beyond just being the admin) in single player mode? I'd like to play around with defining other protected areas (in effect simulating what it would look like if you had other players that had joined on a server) -- It's purely for my own sandbox fun that I'd be doing this, but just wondering if it's possible?

I tried this out and it's looking very good so far yahgiggle!!! 8) I like how the whole world is protected at first and then you have to buy sections of land. Are you planning for an option to sell the land too -- (aside from the admin)?...the default size of the land plot is nice, but wondering if there would be a way to configure the size if desired? (or have an option to purchase a larger plot of land for a higher cost?)

I was also wondering how (in single player mode) to buy land as someone other than the admin (hoping this is possible)? I imagine/hope additional player names could be set up somehow for that type of functionality? Thanks again for all your awesome work! :)

Hi yahgiggle,

Is there any chance the WorldProtection plugin you are working on for Unity would work in single player mode also? If so, it would be very cool to have protected areas I could designate/name along with ability to optionally not allow the terrain to be modified in some areas (but still allow construction to take place). Thanks for all the cool plugins that you are already working on!