Posts by Stealth

I have a couple of players I would like to add as moderators and give access to the script commands but without them having access to the default server commands. So that they can kick and ban griefers, edit areas etc, but not be able to spawn items, fly etc.

Is this possible and how?

thankyou

I have been using Area Protection on my server for several people for some time now with no real major issues other than a few bugs, However after todays game update, (0.5.5) I logged in to find that a large number of objects had been destroyed in my area, so I took a look at the logs and seen that a Player by the name of "Mosh" had recently been in to the server for a short time and was infact the only player since my previous login a couple of hours earlier, so I went and had a look at my log file and seen that he had destroyed the same number of objects that were missing from my zone, so I went back in game and went to my friends place and tried to destroy various items, ( I am not added to the area), and the script worked as it should and I had no affect on his objects, I tested this on a few other areas and got the same result with many different objects, this has led me to the conclusion that one of 2 things has allowed Mosh to come in and grief then leave has he did, 1. The command, "fixconstructionrange" is allowing a bypass of the protection script, or 2. He or someone he has been in contact with has an additional client side script, (as in hax) to get round the protection script.

Copy from log:

Edit: added in log file

I find it very rude that people continue to use other languages other than English in the English speaking forums, e.g. German, there is actually a separate forum section created just for German yet I still see many users using German in the English Threads.
    Sorry if this post seems rude, was not intended that way, just merly trying to point out a valid point.

In the change log there was the following Quote relating to terrain editing;

"[New] "LuaWorld" object, which offers several functions to edit the terrain (see updated AreaProtection script for examples)"

However I have watched the AreaProtection Thread and the last change/comment was on 20th Jan 15, has this been delayed or does it work already with current version (15) and if so what are the commands?

Thankyou
    Stealth

If you are talking about when TPing to another player it spawns you up in the air at one of the players previous locations yes I have fallen victim to the bug to, if you have updated the script again me and my team are willing to update it again and retest and give you feedback.