Posts by kidesh

Thank you red51

I did what you said and it worked a treat.

As easy as it is to do this, I just wish my server host didn't have to take over four days just to tell me this.
    Thanks again.

So, I Updated my game on steam to the new updated.

And my server now has the red bar going over it instead of the grey one.
    So I thought, go on my server and update it.
    But I cant find out how to do this, is there a file I have to attach to my updates ???
    I have contacted my server hosts and I have been put in a que with the tech guys for 4 days now.

Any help would be awesome.

I never had this problem do u use /showareas and see if they are still there?

Ok, so this is what happens
    1- Stop server.
    2- I goto scripts and make "myscripts" as I like to keep my scripts in different file so i can see them and find them plus my other scripts work this way.
    3- I then add a file and I find AreaProtection were I put it after I downloaded and extracted it.
    4- I click on AreaProtection it then goes to groups, I click on that and it has /admin/guest/owner. It lets me add these files and I can add the files that are in listener and the files that sit below that.
    5- I upload the files and then restart the server.
    6- The server crashes.

Then I found out that at the point off adding a file I can drag over the AreaProtection file. I do this and hit upload then it comes up with error!:true and I cant go any further than delete it.
    Now I have been able to put the Zcript for admin tools and the edit world script. But I am having so much trouble with this one

Hi, ive been trying to add the area protection script to my server. Do i need to put in all the files/scripts or just some. Plus when i put all them in the server crashes.

Any help here would be awesome.

Hi

Now I have downloaded the Area Protection script and I have successfully played and used the tool on single player... :thumbsup:

Next I went onto my host( ZAP-hosting ) and i went to the FTP/browser and found my script file. I tried to put in the Area protection file but it wont let me, it keeps opening into the next file, so i took the lua scripts and all the other ones I could but when I restart the server and play it does not work.

Now I have tried so many ways to try get this working.

Is there anyone out there who has Zap-hosting that has done the area protection script?

Hi

Ok so here is what I did

-downloaded the areaprotectioscript, using winrar I then put it into the scripts folder through programmex86/steam/steamapp/common/risingworld/scripts.
    -restarted the server and typed in /selectarea on new blocks that I put on the ground.
    Nothing has happened

Is there any chance that maybe someone could do a step by step on how to do this, as this script is really important to the game as people are coming on the server and destroying things and making a large hole at the spawn point.
    any help would be awesome.

This is regarding the Area protection script.

Example script: AreaProtectionMay 26th 2014

Hello folks,

here is an example lua script, useful for defining areas. An area can be defined by typing "/selectarea" in the chat, then selecting the area, and finally typing "/createarea name" (you can choose a custom name of course) in the chat.

This script offers some basic things (see updated post below) and serves only as an example, now it's your turn to do something useful with it

To load the script, simply extract the content of the zip-archive to your "scripts" folder of the game (with other words: the "AreaProtection" folder inside the zip must be inside "scripts" of your Rising World folder). The script will be automatically loaded then.
    If there is no "scripts" folder in your game folder, simply create it.

Have fun!