Posts by ozzyjimbob

@ Fobsily- Thanks Friend! I really want to put myself in a really realistic and challenging situation, and i think this will suffice. haa!
    Thank you very much for the compliments Friend. This one was a little rushed, as i have no idea what the layout will actually be, but it gives the general idea doesn't it. haa!

Haaa! I was thinking along the lines of, if your companion gets killed by a hostile or something. Something which isn't the player's fault. haa! But yeah! it's our job to protect our companions isn't it.
    yeah! Where is that guy? I'll be having words when he returns...... :P

It's so exciting isn't it. i'm loving the wait, because for me, it's the most fun part...waiting for something to arrive. Haa!
    What you said about getting snowed in and losing your trail, would be absolutely awesome for me, because i'd love getting out of that situation. It seems to me that a lot of players want an easy road, but i want something where i can go,"bring it on!" haaa! Give me a real challenge! haa!

I'm so excited about the biomes and particularly the Tiaga biome, that i've decided to plan out an idea for a brand new world.
    Basically, my land will be one side of the Tiaga biome, and there will be some kind of workers' village on the other side.
    The general idea is for immersion and realism for Survival mode, as i'll need to travel through the Tiaga biome with my stone and logs on my back, to craft them into block and things. then, i'll have to travel back to my land, to build my dwelling up. I find this extremely interesting, as it pushes the Survival aspect of the game even further.
    I even plan to have the farmland in the village too, so that i have to travel to collect food as well.
    I also have a few rules that i plan to apply to myself for this world:

1- Use of creative mode is not allowed.
    2- use of NorthFrost's workbuilding must be 'payed' for. (I may just have this in resources. Putting a small amount of resources in a bin, so they cannot be retrieved later on, so it's as close to actually giving them to the townsfolk as possible. ha!)
    3- The amount of food i can carry at one time has a limit. I plan to limit food to a single column in the inventory. (This is actually how i do things currently. ha!)
    4- Mining and Tree felling is restricted to my own land. Doing this in NorthFrost or the surrounding land is not allowed.

Dying would be quite strict as well with this idea, as you lose everything from your inventory right? so i'd spawn back on my land, with nothing, and i'd need to take my stored iron ore to NorthFrost, in order to create more tools. But, ha! i'd need an axe to defend myself with, unless i leave spares on my land. haa! It'll be pretty bloomin' tough, but i'm really interested to put this idea into practice. haaa!

@gypsysmoke- Like Meltron said Friend, At the moment you can only destroy items with your pickaxe, and recraft them. This is planned to change in the future though friend. haa!
    There are only two current game modes at the moment. Creative, and Survival. In survival, you become hungry, thirsty, and suffer damage from falls. Chopping trees, and mining also takes the standard amount of chops/hits.
    In Creative mode, you never become hungry or thirsty, can fall as far as you like without hurting, and you can chop trees and mine with a single hit. haa!
    To switch between the game modes, you can open up the command window with the key next to the 1 in the left side of your keyboard, and type in the following:
    setgametype 1 -sets creative mode.
    setgametype 0 -Sets survival mode.

You will usualyy get a message like, 'creative mode was enabled' or, ' creative mode was disabled' haa! I hope this helps Friend, and, more importantly,.....have fun! haaa!
    Oh! by the way Friend, if you want to destroy a large number of blocks at a time, Creative mode is best by far, as you can wallop those blocks with a single hit. On Survival mode, it takes four hits to break a single block. haa!

Though i voted for van cars trucks, i am eagerly awaiting trains as well. i just really want to create a showroom with custom rides in my town when i begin working on it. (When roads and train track are in, i should be ready to go go go! haa!)

@ ArcticuKitsu- I'm a collector too. Hoarder of the worst kind! Chests jam packed with absolutely nothing useful. I need to learn that just because i can collect something in this game, i don't have to. haaaa!
    I'm a bit like Jessie Cox on the Skyrim let's play. i walk along with a really solid idea in my mind thinking, "right! This is going to be a really epic build and i'm going to add lo.....ooooooh! Flowers!" then, wheni'm finished, i have no space for the blocks to create the epic build i had in mind, and, when thinking about what i was going to build i go....,".....oh!.." Haa!
    I have no place to complain about MineCraft................because i've never played it. haaa! I've wanted to. Made plans to try it and give it a chance, but............something came along............??? haaaa!

I think it's really awesome that the Tiaga biome is on it's way already. I've been looking forward to this one ever since i first heard that biomes were going to be implemented. haa!
    I recently had the idea of claiming some land on one side of the Taiga biome with all of my personal chests and junk, and a working town, with a farm, workbuilding etc, so i actually have to travel the perilous trail (which will be raked or such by myself) through this awesome place to get to a source of food, and smelters etc. haa! I'd do it for blocks too. i'd have the blockbench in the workers' town, so that i have to haul stone into town through the snow, to craft it into the blocks for my house. haa! It just sounds like a really intense push for survival mode. haa! It seems to add a bit of realism too. I can't wait to (die a horrible death in the snow).....errrrr i mean try it..... haa!

hmmmmm interesting idea. i would love to be mining or what-have-you, and come across some of these little critters. haa! They could even be beautiful colours to make them more sought after, and appealing. This would also make them look much more attractive in the museum or gallery. haa! A delightful idea friend! I think Red and the folks should definately at least consider this seriously. haa!

I love the over view image of Arcticu City, it's kind of..cute with regards to the art style. haa! I do so look forward to the day when you're able to add Rising World imagery dear Friend! It'll be legendary! haaa!

Thank you so much Arcticukitsu! I enjoyed reading the information, and don't consider it as rambling at all myself. I see it as some bloody good planning friend! I hope that you can start building real soon, and that your problems aren't too overwhelming. Thanks again Friend! I truly appreciate the effort you've put into this post! Arcticu City sounds delightful! Even more now i have an idea of the general layout and things! Good luck for when you finally get your freedom to build! haaa!

@Spockton- Thanks friend! I'm hoping for animal companions as well. I'd like to have a wolf as a companion. I suggested a while ago, that when your animal companion dies, it carries on following you as a kind of spirit guide, and hints at the secrets of your current world. haa! i t may be a little complex on the programming side though. haaa!

@ ArcticuKitsu- That sound really cool! I can imagine it following you around Arcticu City, bringing you tools and materials as you build. Haa! I remember the chat too! haa! you were there when Herbert first turned up! hee hee! I think i said something like," HAA HAA! THAT'S SOOO FUNNY!" Hee hee!

@ArcticuKitsu- Thanks Friend! I'm really interested in your ideas, and hearing so much about how enthusiastic you are about your Arcticu City, it would be really interesting to see exactly what's in your mind at the moment. haa! I've got a fair idea, but it's probably not even close...hee hee!

@Arcticukitsu- I would really love to see some drawings of things you intend to put into your Arcticu City. From what you've mentioned it sound absolutely awesome. haa!