Where do the 3D models come from in Rising World?

• I'm sure this has been answered in the past somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm wondering where Rising World gets its 3D models? Are they all made specifically for the game, purchased from 3D model websites. etc.?

Also, have any members of the Rising World community ever donated a 3D model that was added to the base game? I love playing around and making things in Blender and I'd love to make and donate models to be added to the game.

It sounds like it would be free and easy content for everyone to enjoy in the game.

• We had various sources for models. For most of the models (95% of the items, the player models, boat, mounts and vegetation) we hired a freelancer to create them exclusively for Rising World. We've also created some of the models by ourselves (almost every "object" in the game, like furniture, doors etc).

For the animals (except mounts) we hired a company back in 2014 to create them for Rising World, but with a non-exclusive license - this means the company was allowed to sell the models to other developers as well.

Currently we're not using any community-created models in RW, however, some of the textures we're using were contributed by some community members ;)

It's a bit trickier when it comes to community-contributed models, as there are various things that need to be taken into account. And of course they need to fit to the other game models. However, if you want to contribute models, feel free to post them in the forums or maybe send some images via PM to me :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!