How to Remove Water on a Large Scale?

• I'm just setting up my new server's spawn area, and I need to remove a large volume of ocean water within some walls I have already built. Is there a straightforward way to do this with console commands? Or do I just need to fill the area with blocks and then remove them...

On this note, an item that allows water removal would be helpful at some point (like the sponge in Minecraft). Maybe a pump?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. The server is "A server with no name" for now =P

• Blocks will not stop ocean water.

I can't say for sure if static water is capable of this (as is the case with terrain). edit: I tried it - so yes

If so, I would put a wall of static water in front of the block wall facing the ocean

(using F5 and 7, use the mouse wheel to set the water to static and right click to set).

Make the area in the ocean a little larger, then you can remove the water right up to the edge of the wall

Then you should be able to remove the water behind the wall towards the beach (also with F5 and 7 and the remove button, without the running water running after it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!