[REQUEST] Random height map

• Another idea of API method :

Within the selected area, generated some randomness in land elevation. Something like

world.setTerrainRandomHeight(int ?, int ?, int ?, byte ?, byte ?, byte ?, int ?, int ?, int ?, byte ?, byte ?, byte ?, byte sharpness)

Where the sharpness variable indicates how steep the slopes should be (average), from 0 (flat) to 100 (vertical "walls")

Or, perhaps making this method into a slope generator, with randomness. Something like

world.setSlopeTerrainDataInArea(int ?, int ?, int ?, byte ?, byte ?, byte ?, int ?, int ?, int ?, byte ?, byte ?, byte ?, byte sharpness, byte orientation)

Where orientation is a value from 0 to 4 indicating the direction of the slope.

• We keep this in mind. On the one hand it's not easy to take precise control of the worldgeneration via Lua, on the other hand it would be a valuable addition though. I guess we will implement it, but only with average priority atm ;)

• Sure thing! Thank you for replying! I understand that there are quite a few other more important things to implement. As a fellow programmer, I can relate! I am actually interested to see how you guys will implement water physics in JME, without sacrificing too much in performance.

I have used JME in one university (BA) project, about 2 years ago, and coming back to their web site earlier this month, this is how I got to know about Rising World. My little terrain editor is nothing compared to what you guys have done with the engine! :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!