Any Suggestions on a free or low cost hosting service

• Hi,
    Are there any services out there (free vps or low cost vps) services that will let you upload the server and run it at low cost . I am not sure what the bandwidth requirements are for running a server . I would like to see a guide posted, suggesting free or low cost providers capable of running a rising world server. Also what extra files have to be uploaded for the server to run on either linux or windows.

• Do you want to host a game for just some friends or do you want to have a server for more users?

I can not host the game on my pc because I want to run it 24/7. As far as number of users go that would depend on the cost to do so. I am sure several of the people hosting servers could give us insight on the costs of hosting a server for a few (1- 36 people ) at best. Any insight would be appreciated

• Any 10$ VPS should be ok with around 1 GB guaranteed(not flexible) memory just be careful that you have full root access to the VPS.
    http://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-classic.xml is one of the most cheapest with DDoS protection. They start at 2,99$ monthly, I think that should suit your set up :)

ATTENTION: This server uses linux as the operating system so you need to know how to use linux shell.

However if you are not familiar with linux systems then you can choose one of our official hosting services which the cheapest starts at 7 € / month: https://primaservers.com/risingworld

• Any 10$ VPS should be ok with around 1 GB guaranteed(not flexible) memory just be careful that you have full root access to the VPS.
    http://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-classic.xml is one of the most cheapest with DDoS protection. They start at 2,99$ monthly, I think that should suit your set up :)

ATTENTION: This server uses linux as the operating system so you need to know how to use linux shell.

However if you are not familiar with linux systems then you can choose one of our official hosting services which the cheapest starts at 7 € / month: https://primaservers.com/risingworld

Lucien, thanks for the info but that site (primaservers) is not in English . I live in the USA . I am sure somewhere there is a place . Also how much traffic is the server generating. How much bandwidth per hour per user does a server produce ?

• Lucien, thanks for the info but that site (primaservers) is not in English . I live in the USA . I am sure somewhere there is a place . Also how much traffic is the server generating. How much bandwidth per hour per user does a server produce ?

Primaservers do have English support and their website is also in English. If you scroll down you can choose if you want Danish or English. :) I would join their test server to see what Ping I may have and then decide from there.
    The traffic which it is producing is depending on the tasks... So you cant really tell how much, but if you are concerned about Bandwidth Limitations you should be good with a upload of around 10 mb/s so 100 MBit/s. Also a traffic limit of above 100 GB per month should be more than ok.

• Primaservers do have English support and their website is also in English. If you scroll down you can choose if you want Danish or English. :) I would join their test server to see what Ping I may have and then decide from there.
    The traffic which it is producing is depending on the tasks... So you cant really tell how much, but if you are concerned about Bandwidth Limitations you should be good with a upload of around 10 mb/s so 100 MBit/s. Also a traffic limit of above 100 GB per month should be more than ok.

I tried their test server , it did not work. I have found a couple of $5 USD per month ones (2048 mb Linux ram and 10 Gb storage ) I will keep my eyes open. I am going to wait until development gets a bit further along (another 3 months or so ) and see how it goes .
    Thanks for the info :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!