Precious Metals - Precious Minerals - Thoughts & Currency Added

• Would you like to see a currency system 7

1. yes (4) 57%
    2. not sure yet (2) 29%
    3. no (1) 14%

Precious Metals - Thought & Currency

I've been really racking my brain on a currency system that could be used on different servers. I would really love to hear what others input are on these ideas and or add/remove as thought.

1. Currency press - a press that could be customized & developed to form currency from precious metals like gold & silver.

2. Spawn rate and amount of gold & silver reduced to make them a precious metal.

3. Md5 encryption and random algorithm implied to gold & silver & or any precious minerals couldn't be spawned. This would preserve the currency system and lua developed to prevent it from being modded.

• In Minecraft a trading system between players was sorely needed, but it came after a lot of biomes, and a huge number of required ingredients for crafting, especially on some modded servers. To really know what is needed HERE I'd need to see where the game goes. Right now . . . what would I buy or sell that would be worth anything?

If there are more biomes with different resources (if only rocks/woods/metals that allow different textures) then trade could be important.

If hostile mobs and villages force a tower defense style game in some places and resources (like ammo) becomes scarce money or trade could become important.

If growing food takes time and specialization then trade and money might be more important.

If higher technology needs a huge production chain and lots of specialization then trade and money might be very important.

But how would I know now? I'd like to say yes, but I don't like being less than completely honest, so I simply don't know.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!